Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Chances of being pregnant?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chances of being pregnant?!
akemisouma
Neophyte
Member # 109113

Icon 4 posted      Profile for akemisouma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me and my boyfriend never had intercourse( we're virgins) but last weekend we had mutual oral sex for the first time. It was the first time I ever saw semen,and because we were both naked, I'm feeling uncomfortable, thinking that I might have got pregnant. We were lying in opposite directions so our genitals weren't close to each other, I made him ejaculate in my breasts, and I think I remember having a bit of it in my stomach, near my chest, too. I didn't see or feel any of his semen getting near my vagina. But is it possible that some splashed on my vulva without both of us knowing and made me pregnant? I'm worried to death!
I had already finished having my period just some days before seeing him, but I noticed there was still some brown blood coming out. I think it was some blood that didn't come out during my period (as it was lighter than usual). But now, I'm having my period again! But what is coming out is a lot of 'mucus', covered in fresh blood, like when I have heavier periods. I'm very irregular, and I've had experienced two periods in one month before, but this time I'm so worried it might be pregnancy...
What do you think?

Posts: 13 | From: Brazil | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brown discharges after a period are very common. Bleeding of any kind, on the other hand, is not something associated with early pregnancy. Too, pregnancy does not happen this fast, even when people have the kind of sex, which you did not, that can create a pregnancy.

Have you already looked at our content on the boards and the main site to explain to you what does and does not pose risks of pregnancy, and how pregnancy, when it happens, actually occurs?

[ 02-13-2014, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akemisouma
Neophyte
Member # 109113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for akemisouma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First, I'm sorry for posting in the wrong place.
And yes, I read everything about pregnancy here. I know semen has to come in direct contact with the vagina for pregnancy to occur. But I still don't know if a drop of semen splashing accidentally on my vulva could lead to pregnancy, even if our genitals weren't actually close to each other. Sorry if you guys already answered this type of question, I couldn't find it anywhere.
I'm relieved to know that my "second period" doesn't have anything to do with pregnancy. I read about implantation blood and got scared.

Posts: 13 | From: Brazil | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We explain clearly in most of our content about pregnancy, like here - http://www.scarleteen.com/article/bodies/where_did_i_come_from_a_refresher_course_in_human_reproduction - that indirect contact with semen does not pose realistic risks of pregnancy, nor is pregnancy as simple as a drop of semen somehow magically making its way to an area where it was not directly deposited.

What do you feel you are not understanding about that? You say here you know this could pose a risk of pregnancy, but our content makes clear that that is a false understanding. That is not a way pregnancy occurs in reality.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akemisouma
Neophyte
Member # 109113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for akemisouma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I read that direct contact between the semen and the vagina poses a risk of pregnancy.

What I don't know is if in my situation, it could be considered 'direct contact', as we didn't have any clothes, but didn't have penetration or closeness enough to "place" semen there.
I'm Reading the link you gave me and it's really good information, but it didn't clarify my doubt, because there was no barrier between us.

What you're trying to say is that if a guy ejaculates, and his penis is not close to the vagina, but some of his semen (even a drop) reaches the vagina, it couldn't cause pregnancy? I thought it could, that's why I'm worrying...

Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Direct contact means semen ejaculated directly into the vagina or onto the genitals, or genitals touching. You're not describing that.

As you can see in the article heather linked you to, the process of reproduction is complex, and the situation you're describing just doesn't have the necessary conditions to create a pregnancy.

If you're still worrying about this even after hearing the facts, it suggests maybe you don't feel ready for this kind of sexual contact. Would you feel comfortable talking to your boyfriend about the kinds of sex you do and don't feel comfortable with and the two of you making and holding agreements to dial it back to where you are both comfortable?

[ 02-13-2014, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: Redskies ]

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You might want to take a look at this link: http://www.scarleteen.com/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/10/t/002611.html#000000

It describes the risk of the situation you're describing.

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akemisouma
Neophyte
Member # 109113

Sorry for insisting so much, I'm a bit paranoid about being pregnant, that's why we didn't have other kinds of sex yet. I never thought of oral sex as an activity that could lead to pregnancy, until I tried it with my boyfriend. The doubts came later, I kept trying to remember all the details so I could figure out if I let anything go out of control. But thanks to you guys, now I can see that I was thinking too much. Thank you, really. Maybe you're right and I'm not ready yet, I should talk to him about it, and that's pretty easy to do as we're very open to each other.

I'm happy to know that my thoughts were wrong, and I accept that I'm not pregnant, but, just one more question...Why is it different when the semen is ejaculated directly onto the vagina and when it reaches the same place but from a distance or in less quantity?

Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our human reproduction article that Heather linked you to above should give you detailed answers to that question. Can you take a look and let us know which bits of it you still have questions about?

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akemisouma
Neophyte
Member # 109113

You're right, the answer is there.
Thank you.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.