Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Pregnancy from fingering?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy from fingering?
unknoshi
Neophyte
Member # 109585

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unknoshi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i know this has been answered many times i just want to get clarification in my situation i gave him a handjob then my bf fingered me there wasnt any noticeable sperm or anything im sure he wiped it off but im still extremely scared and my period is a week late and my father has told me that ive been gaining weight im just frekin out right now i also haven't been having the best days and lots of mood swings lately im just so scared
Posts: 16 | From: dallas | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, looking at how it has been answered the many times it has, what did you find?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unknoshi
Neophyte
Member # 109585

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unknoshi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That its unlikely but I still feel like I'm gaining a lot of weight in just a week but I'm still so worried and my period is a week late
Posts: 16 | From: dallas | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you look at the articles we provided in those answers you read, it says it is not possible (not just unlikely) to get pregnant from manual sex.

Just so you know, it's normal for periods to vary in when they arrive, and there are many reasons why a period may be late. You can read more about that here.
M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

[ 02-14-2014, 10:31 PM: Message edited by: Sam W ]

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unknoshi
Neophyte
Member # 109585

so if my period doesnt come its because im staying over it too much and not because im pregnant but the thing is that i stress over it too much which makes my period not come which makes me feel even more stressed
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Then, maybe, it would be very useful to do some self-care to deal with that stress. What do you think about that?

If you stick with the facts that the articles, and Sam, already gave you, about how pregnancy is not an issue here, then maybe doing something nice for you can help you feel less stressed about all this.

This is a *great* article we have that includes some good pointers of self-care:

Self-Care a La Carte [Smile]

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 420 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unknoshi
Neophyte
Member # 109585

Thank you ill try that but what if my period still doesnt come do i have to wait until next month or whay
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Periods are not always the same and they can -- and very often do, actually -- change. Our bodies are not machines so we can't expect them to do the same every cycle. Sometimes a period can be late, or even skipped and there are a lot of reasons why this can happen other than just pregnancy. Especially when pregnancy is not even an issue because there was no risk at all. [Smile]

Here is a very good article that talks about this:

M.I.A. or, Dude, Where's My Period?

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 420 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unknoshi
Neophyte
Member # 109585

That article link isnt working at least not on my iPhone

And also how is pregnancy not a risk at all?

Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The link in the comment above yours doesn't work, but the same article was linked earlier in this thread, and that link does indeed work.

To really understand why pregnancy isn't a risk from what you're describing, read through this article, which explains how pregnancy DOES happen and what's needed to make it occur: Human Reproduction: A Seafarer's Guide

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unknoshi
Neophyte
Member # 109585

The MIA or Dude Where's My Period link in both responses don't work for me but on the other hand I recently just had my period thank you. The Human Reproduction link helped me understand it more accurately, thank you

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.