Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » 1 day late

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 1 day late
robo
Neophyte
Member # 108786

Icon 5 posted      Profile for robo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
after my last vistit on this website me and my gf have taken more care while during sexual activties

this mouth my gf is one day late she was last on the 28 till the 31 of december this mouth how ever we only had sex 4 times and all times used a condom and there hasnt been any slip offs of breaks and i only cumed 2 times of those 4 times we done it thought on the secound some of the speam got to the saff while had the condom on thought none came out the end. the last two times i didnt cum and there was blealy any pre cum thought while takening the condom off i touch my penis and handed my gf nickers with the same hand tounch my dick which was wet a bit but then she put them on thought speam needs right condations toget someone pego and wasnt driect contact should i be worried ?

Posts: 24 | From: london | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How closely does your girlfriend chart her cycles? It's quite common for there to be a few days' variation even for people who tend to have really regular cycles, and she could be someone whose normal cycle isn't that regular to begin with.

One day isn't generally considered late, so I don't see a reason to be particularly worried here, especially as what you're describing is proper condom use. However, if her period hasn't shown up a few days from now and she's concerned, the next step would be for her to take a pregnancy test.

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robo
Neophyte
Member # 108786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
she has a app on her phone to tell thought i dont belive these apps are good or not last mouth she was on today then lasted 4 days and yeah it can be 2-3 days late as she is reguleral
am just worried about the chnaces of her being pego even thought we used poper condom use

also is it normal for parnter to feel when they orgasm even thought had condom on ?

Posts: 24 | From: london | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If someone's been using an app for a while, it should be able to tell them what their body usually does. That's still an average for them, and it's absolutely normal for the menstrual cycle to vary by a few days either way. What an app says is a general prediction, and not an absolute guarantee of when someone's period should come.

In proper use, condoms are effective at preventing pregnancy, so there's no reason to think she's pregnant.

I'm not sure what you're asking in your last question?

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robo
Neophyte
Member # 108786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks for the replys sorry i meant is it normal for my gf to feel when i cum thought i have a condom on ?
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome, and no worries [Smile]

It's normal to be able to feel it, and it's normal Not to feel it, too. Different people's bodies work differently. Orgasm or ejaculation might be accompanied by tension or relaxation in muscles; it also might not. Your girlfriend may be feeling some of those responses in your body.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

If you wanted a bit more detail on what your girlfriend might be able to feel, I pulled some info for you from one of our articles, Sexual Response & Orgasm: A Users Guide:
quote:
Orgasm for someone with a penis often involves involuntary contractions of the prostate gland, vas deferens and seminal vesicles which usually (but not always!) also cause the ejaculation of semen.
It's possible that those contractions can be felt in your genital area and that's what your girlfriend can feel.

[ 01-28-2014, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: Redskies ]

--------------------

robo
Neophyte
Member # 108786

thank you i read thought those now and just wait to see when gf comes on which is most likey cuz there was blealy no risk with correct condom use and what happened
robo
Neophyte
Member # 108786

how many days till i should get worried ? its now the 3rd day as she didnt come on yesterday thoght atm i don tknow if she came on last night also what are the chances of pego [Frown]
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Well, worry isn't ever going to help. Your girlfriend is also the person who knows her own body and cycle best, so she's your best source of information about her body.

A period is only considered late once it's at least 5 days later than expected. A few days' variation is perfectly normal and not unusual, and absolutely no cause for concern.

As you used a condom correctly, there's no particular reason to think she might be pregnant.

At this point, it's clear that you don't feel comfortable with the low risk of pregnancy from intercourse with a condom. So, it's time to change something. What do you think will help you? Do you need more information about how effective condoms are, or how reproduction does and doesn't happen? Is your girlfriend concerned, or just you, and would it help you to talk to your girlfriend about how you feel? Do you feel able to deal with even a small risk of pregnancy, or would you rather not be having any kind of sex that can create pregnancy?

--------------------

robo
Neophyte
Member # 108786

Well she starting to have cramps today so she could be on soon what i worry about its what my family would think and hers would think if she was probly like to use two methodes of preaventing pego like the pill and condom to make sure am problem makeing a big deal over nothing arnt i [Frown] and just wait the rest of the days out do you have to be over 18 to buy the pill ?
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

I'm assuming you're in London, England? If so, there is no age restriction on getting any contraception. Any kind of contraception other than condoms would be for your girlfriend to use, so it's her choice if she wants it. If she wants to use another method, she should either go to her GP to discuss it, or to a Sexual Health or Reproductive Health clinic which offers contraceptive services. There are lots of different methods, including the pill, and your girlfriend can discuss which would be best for her if she wants another method. All regular contraception other than condoms has to be prescribed or fitted by a doctor or nurse.

There's no point worrying about what your or her family would think or say, because it's about something that is very much Not real. If any possible pregnancy is absolutely too much for you to handle, it's worth thinking about whether you are truly ready and comfortable with this kind of sex. We're happy to talk about that with you, if you like.

Right now, the best thing for you is to try to stop focusing on your worry. You can get some guidance for that here: Self-Care a La Carte

--------------------

robo
Neophyte
Member # 108786

I will talk to about it too her she on last mouth the 29 and came off the 4th so dont that mean the 27 isn't when she is due I think her cycles are about 28 days mabe ?
robo
Neophyte
Member # 108786

Yeah I live in London sorry
robo
Neophyte
Member # 108786

Also yeah think am gona talk to her about not haveing sex for while but do other things so I havent got nothing to worry about and its my fears getting the better of me
robo
Neophyte
Member # 108786

And yh I think I have do have a lot of worry about getting my gf pregannt [Frown]
robo
Neophyte
Member # 108786

Sorry about all the msg but yeah before me and my gf were haveing sex I didnt have any worries but then when we started I didnt ether untill our frist pego scare that was fine in the end but now evey mouth when we do it I allways get worried when she meant to come on and when she dose I feel relived and probly ether to use better methods like we now planning to do or stop doing it for a while
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

If you're worrying a lot, then yes, it's time to change something. Your girlfriend can use a second method as well, if she wants, or you can not do the things you're worrying about.

Right now, did you take a look at what I linked you to earlier? It has lots of ideas for how you can manage and deal with your worry: Self-Care a La Carte

--------------------

robo
Neophyte
Member # 108786

yeah i did thanks and gona do some of the suggestons that help to reduce stess and help take my mind of it ummm another thing happened while one time we were haveing sex that i started going solft a bit when she left the room to got for a wee then when she came back it wasnt soft but like not hard ehter and we tried to put it in but stop cuz of the risk but all the time we tried to put it in i made sure that i had my hand over the ending of the condom so no fulilds came out but didnt go too soft that the condom wouldnt come off we started talking about another method and are planning to use condom and anohter method to help me so i dont worry
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

If the condom was always on you, and your penis did not touch her genitals without it, you were protected by that condom.

--------------------

robo
Neophyte
Member # 108786

thanks redskies so pego isnt a reason why she is late
robo
Neophyte
Member # 108786

day 4 didnt come on yesterday probly do a test tommow

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.