Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Dry sex in the pool with bathin suits on

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dry sex in the pool with bathin suits on
Bus
Neophyte
Member # 109367

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there I'm just wondering if dry humping in a pool poses a pregnancy risk if both people were wearing swimsuits, I didn't ejaculate but I'm sure I had precum. My concern is if the precum could travel through my swimsuit, through the water and through my girlfriends bikini bottoms while we were dry humping and if the water adds any dynamic to this situation. I have read on your website that there has to be direct genital skin on skin conact but I'm struggling to overcome whether my situation poses a risk or not
Posts: 8 | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Bus, and welcome to the boards.

Let's look at what you already know:
quote:
there has to be direct genital skin on skin conact
So, is that what happened in your situation, or not?

If you need to review our information, you can have a look here: Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bus
Neophyte
Member # 109367

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi red skies
No there was no direct contact we both had a layer of clothing on. My question is whether pre-ejaculate can swim through clothing and water and whether the water makes it possible for pre-ejaculate to move through the clothing.

Posts: 8 | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bus
Neophyte
Member # 109367

Under dry sex it says if there is accidental fluid contact. So my question is in my situation does us having dry sex in a pool create a risk of pre-ejaculate moving through clothes and water to cause accidental fluid contact or is it impossible for pre-ejaculate to move through clothing even while fully saturated in water? I was wearing board shorts and she was wearing a bikini.
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, there was no direct contact, which means that pregnancy is not possible. That's true for All circumstances. If there were any exceptions, we would say so.

I think the best thing to do next is for you to have a read of this: Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction Then, if there's something you don't understand or you still have questions, we'll be happy to answer those.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bus
Neophyte
Member # 109367

Could you please clarify what accidental fluid contact is?
Thank you for all your help.

Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

You're very welcome.

I'm not sure what you mean by "accidental fluid contact". Can you tell me where you saw that?

--------------------

Bus
Neophyte
Member # 109367

My fear is that instead of wearing many layers, we only had one layer each. So what if the pre-sperm had made its way through 2 layers and water and because of the fact that it was in water I wasn't able to see any fluid. Pre-sperm can definitely not make its way through 2 layers of clothing and water right?
Bus
Neophyte
Member # 109367

Under the first link you sent me showing pregnancy risks under the dry sex option it said there would be a low risk if there was accidental fluid contact
Bus
Neophyte
Member # 109367

So while we were having dry sex in the pool what if pre-sperm was on my shorts and rubbed onto her bikini bottoms, would that pose a risk? The problem is we can't see because that part of our bodies was under water.
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

I see that now. "Dry sex" means having at least one layer between genitals at all times. What that extra bit of information, including the "accidental fluid contact", is talking about is if people make a mistake with dry sex: if there's a time when a layer is not fully between the genitals.

As you've read, sperm cells have to travel to reach an egg in order to create a pregnancy. Sperm cells are very delicate, and they also need to be in their own liquid in order to travel. Sperm cells move in their own liquid by moving their "tail". When sperm cells come into contact with anything else, like water or air, the "tail" breaks and they can't move any more. They are no longer able to co-create a pregnancy. You can read more about sperm cells here: Who's Afraid of Sperm Cells?

So, when you're in a pool and you are not touching genital-to-genital, there is no fluid contact because of all the water (or the cloth) in between. You don't really have the original fluid because it's so mixed in with the water.

Does that make things clearer for you?

--------------------

Bus
Neophyte
Member # 109367

Yes thank you.
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

You're welcome.

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.