Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » YAY! » Things are looking up (oh, finally)!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Things are looking up (oh, finally)!
MusicNerd
Peer Ambassador
Member # 95998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MusicNerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(I may or may not have made the title after lyrics from a song by Paramore [Wink] )

It's been a little while since I've posted here, but I'm just really happy with the way things have been turning out thus far so I had to write about it!

I've been doing really well in my classes and in the one that I'm having trouble with, I've been working with a tutor provided by the college and studying with friends (newsflash-to-me: study groups are frickin' awesome!).

For the past few months I've been going to community acupuncture clinics and, lo and behold, after 9+ months my post-concussion symptoms have dramatically improved to the point of it being almost entirely gone!! *knocks on wood* I've come to the conclusion that acupuncture is a freaking magical thing. [Big Grin]

I've also been seeing my therapist still, and even though I'm not yet like, "YAY! Happiness is OVER 9,000!!" nonetheless I've been feeling a lot more at peace about certain things in my past and current situation. She's really helped me step out of my comfort zone and look at things in my life in a more productive way.

I just want to say thanks so much to all you peeps at Scarleteen for helping me come to the conclusion that it's okay to ask for help/counseling. Seriously, I can't thank you enough. [Smile]

--------------------
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

Posts: 301 | From: a galaxy far, far away... | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so glad to hear that things are looking up for you. Thanks for the update! =)
Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.