Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » YAY! » SHE SAID YES! :D

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SHE SAID YES! :D
batgirl21
Neophyte
Member # 96742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for batgirl21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I asked my girlfriend to marry me last night at Lake MI, and she said yes!! [Big Grin] I am so excited and happy, and I am so lucky that in two years or so I'll be able to call this amazing women my wife.

We've been together for a while, but this year has just been such a hard year for reasons that are just not our fault- we were both victims of violence and stalking from past partners, I was just diagnosed with MS (which has damaged my vision and mobility), my dad's cancer came back, our parents rejected us for being gay, I was robbed, she lost her job, her friend overdosed, just a lot of stuff to handle in one year for us. But despite the troubles we've faced, we've been by each others side supporting each other EVERY step of the way, and I can honestly say that I am happier now than I've ever been. She really is the love of my life and the person I want to be my partner. I am so excited to be with her now, and I am so happy that she agreed to stick it out with me and build a life and a family together.

YAY! [Big Grin]

Posts: 14 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like some good news is a truly welcome change for you.

Yay indeed! Congratulations!

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
batgirl21
Neophyte
Member # 96742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for batgirl21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Robin! [Big Grin]
Posts: 14 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultraviolet
Activist
Member # 108166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultraviolet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations to your and future wife, I'm glad you got the news you were hoping for and I wish you all the best and yaaaay for the both of you [Smile]
Posts: 83 | From: London | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moonlight bouncing off water
Peer Ambassador
Member # 44338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonlight bouncing off water     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats [Big Grin] . May you have an awesomely happy and long life together!

--------------------
~moonlight

I am ME and that is the only label I need.

Posts: 864 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.