Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » YAY! » Life's Simple Pleasures

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Life's Simple Pleasures
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started a board on my Pinterest with this, then decided I should spread it even wider for smiles. Everyone has those moments when for whatever reason the smallest thing makes you smile, laugh, just feel great. So what it is that did this for you?

Starting the ball rolling: My best friend came in to visit this weekend and as we were driving to have breakfast one morning we saw a beautiful sunset. We actually pulled off on the side of the road and watched it together. It's now one of my favorite memories with her [Smile]

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3428 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haleigh H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haleigh H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Life has slowed down a bit for me and I've found that I'm noticing the little things a lot more.

This gets me every time, walking in my neighborhood or at the park and a breeze brings me the smell of flowers, rich soil or the trees. With spring finally here in the midwest I'm finding this so wonderful. Puts a big smile on my face every time.

--------------------
Haleigh

Posts: 176 | From: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patricia H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patricia H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's finally summer in Hawaii; and you know it's summer because the cool breezes are coming in, the air is filled with cries of baby birds in the trees, and everywhere you look, the neighbors' mango trees are filled with mangoes ripening in the sun. Not to mention the impeccable beach weather, and the super gorgeous sunsets after a long hot day--literally, the days are longer, too--anything from fiery citrus colors blended together, to cooler shades of purple and gray with the clear outline of the moon in the sky.

It's easy to overlook such things when you're born and raised to them over the course of 20+ years, but lately, I've been noticing the natural rhythms of the island's "seasons" more and relishing in the changes that come with it. I still look out at the lush mountains and the beautiful blue skies and just feel breathlessly happy and appreciative that I get to live in such a beautiful place.

--------------------
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum. - Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale

Posts: 231 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill2000Plus
Activist
Member # 41657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill2000Plus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The other day my friend and I were in a milkshake shop and there was a song on the radio and we were just doing these really simple movements while sitting down and we were in perfect tandem and we looked like we were a looped .gif and my friend said somebody should make a .gif out of us and that's what I was thinking too and it was just awesomely wonderful and then we burst out laughing [Smile]

--------------------
Always knock before entering my room when I am in there alone, as I may be doing all sorts of wonderfully thrilling things that I'd rather you didn't see.

Posts: 840 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.