Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » YAY! » Well...there's this girl...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Well...there's this girl...
Kawani3792
Activist
Member # 48854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kawani3792     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've liked her for a while, and a bit over two weeks ago, I finally got the courage together to say something (yes, messaging on Facebook counts as "saying something" when the person involved has some social anxiety issues). And the feelings? Entirely mutual (I won't quote any of the messages sent after that revelation...basically, it was an unintentional contest to see who could make the other person grin goofily at their computer screen more).

My birthday was a few days later and I'm pretty sure it was the best one I've ever had, just sitting on a couch, watching Matilda and holding hands. I'm about 50/50 split between 'floating around everywhere' and 'hey, life, no fair! I was not adequately warned about all of the feelings!' So yeah, this is pretty much a really, really big yay.

(in unrelated YAY news, I got awarded Work-Study by my college and now have a job in one of the school libraries. I have an LGBT-inclusive church. Every time I've talked about 'the person I really like' and the person I'm saying it to, usually a resident of my all-girls dorm, assumes it as male, I've felt safe enough to correct them, and they've given me genuine congratulations. I'm taking fun classes, and doing well in them. The little girl I tutor, 8 years old with ADHD, actually suggested doing 4 pages of homework last time we met...and then she sat down and focused and did them!)

Posts: 183 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
That Strange CT child
Activist
Member # 104246

Icon 1 posted      Profile for That Strange CT child     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice!! Thats so lovely!! [Smile] i have to start a new yay thread, cause something cool and unexpected happened here yesterday [Smile]

--------------------
It is my hope that what i ask here is answered for me and anyone else afraid to ask the same question :)

Posts: 133 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Kawani, that's great news. It sounds like you have a lot of positive things happening right now! =D

I'm really glad your pronoun-correcting is going well; I have to do that a lot in my daily life and sometimes it can be pretty awkward.

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kawani3792
Activist
Member # 48854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kawani3792     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I definitely know what you mean there, Molias. Mine usually goes

"So how are you doing?"
"...Really really good, actually..."
"Oh? How come?"
"I found out someone I like feels the same way, and they invited me to their band recital thing, and we just hung out and had hot chocolate afterwards and it was lovely..."
"He's in a band?"
"Oh, actually, she, but yeah, she's in the school orchestra. It was a lot of fun to spend some time with her."

So yeah, I don't specify any gender until they assume incorrectly and then I tend to have more of a tone of embarrassment, like "Oh oops! You got a little mixed up here, I'll just fix that." and then move right along. And they've already been congratulating, and our college literally has massive doses of LGBT equality propaganda...

Posts: 183 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moonlight bouncing off water
Peer Ambassador
Member # 44338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonlight bouncing off water     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yay Kawani! It sounds like things are going really awesome for you in lots of aspects of your life! And I'm super glad you're able to pronoun correcting so easily and safely.

--------------------
~moonlight

I am ME and that is the only label I need.

Posts: 864 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.