Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » YAY! » A Dream Come True

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A Dream Come True
The Confused One
Activist
Member # 48587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Confused One     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A couple months ago, my parents told me that they found a club where they give horse riding lessons. The club also had an archery range and several other facilities as well as activities. But when I asked if we could join the club, they told me that we could AFTER I finish my studies. This kinda added to my already pretty bad depression. Also made me lose hope in ever getting healthy and happy. I've been wanting to learn to ride horses on my own since I first saw a pony. I mean, really? Joy rides for the rest of my life?

My parents usually take me out to a fun place like a theme park on my birthdays. But this year, we didn't have anywhere to go. So after lunch on Wednesday, I told my parents that I wanted to visit that club they told me about. Upon reaching there, mum and I went to walk around in the stables and stroke every horse they had. Then dad joined us... and told us that he paid the membership fee. That evening, I learned to do the rising trot/posting for the first time in my life. That was also the 2nd time in my life that I rode a HORSE and not a pony.

Today, we went back to the club and bought me a pair of riding pants. We wanted to get a riding helmet too, but they didn't have the colour I wanted (blue) with them. So dad reserved that colour and will be going back tomorrow to get it. We'll be looking in shoe shops for a similar pair of boots/shoes though. RM300 for a pair of boots is way too expensive, unfortunately. Discounted or not =/ But good news! Dad bought a pair of black gloves to keep my hands warm a long time ago. For only RM5. And I think it's pretty perfect to use as riding gloves! It was actually for riding bikes (not bicycle), dad said. So now, we don't have to look for gloves!

I unfortunately couldn't ride today because of my heavy period, but I really can't wait for next Saturday so that I could try out my new gear. All in all, this is a big yay for me. Best part is, if we need an extra pair of pants, we can just go to a tailor and ask to duplicate it at a cheaper price! XD

Maybe now, I might be able to finally combat my depression. Will finally be able to exercise and get healthy, for sure. Although the pain and soreness of being in a saddle and getting bounced about isn't too nice (and I'm def not looking forward to THAT), I'm feeling happier than I've been for the past few years!

[ 12-08-2012, 08:16 AM: Message edited by: The Confused One ]

--------------------
Wheeeeeeee!

Posts: 131 | From: Malaysia | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI There,

This is a big yay for sure!!!

Thank you for sharing with us.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Confused One
Activist
Member # 48587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Confused One     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks! [Big Grin] I really hope this will help give me the motivation to actually live life instead of just being a zombie. It's a big start with a big yay! ^_^

--------------------
Wheeeeeeee!

Posts: 131 | From: Malaysia | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moonlight bouncing off water
Peer Ambassador
Member # 44338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonlight bouncing off water     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like you're going to have an awesome time whenever you're there! Congrats and I wish you all the best!

--------------------
~moonlight

I am ME and that is the only label I need.

Posts: 864 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Confused One
Activist
Member # 48587

Thank you! I hope it'll be awesome everytime I'm there! XD I lose motivation to do a lot of things pretty easily, so I really hope nothing happens to cause that

--------------------
Wheeeeeeee!

WesLuck
Activist
Member # 56822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WesLuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, animals sure can be pretty amazing for our moods. [Smile]
Posts: 540 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Confused One
Activist
Member # 48587

Yeah, maybe all I needed was an animal to pet and fuss over XD

Woke up this morning and my first thought was riding. Now I'm super happy and excited just thinking about it. Awesome way to start the week! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Wheeeeeeee!

WesLuck
Activist
Member # 56822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WesLuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think because it's obvious that they care about you caring about them, and it helps you care about yourself too. [Smile] And I think that animals are a lot smarter and empathetic than a lot of people give them credit for!

Anyway, it's just good to know you've got a new interest that you feel great about. [Smile] Best wishes!

[ 12-10-2012, 05:37 AM: Message edited by: WesLuck ]

Posts: 540 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Confused One
Activist
Member # 48587

I don't feel great about horse riding... I feel excellent! XD I feel amazing! Last Saturday, I went for my 2nd lesson. And after that, we went gear shopping and bought most of everything I needed! I now have a new helmet, another pair of pants, ankle boots, chaps, and even a riding book to help me learn the anatomies! By next week, I shall be riding in full gear!

Eventhough I didn't exercise for more than a week before Sat (bday was Wednesday), the soreness from lack of exercise isn't as bad! Last week, I could barely move without wincing and whining. For the past day, I haven't really felt anything! And it feels fantastic! Damnit, use every single awesome word there is! I feel like I'm on top of the world! 8D People tell me that exercise feels amazing, but I've never felt anything more than stupid, in pain and downright miserable everytime I had to move more than just sitting around. A friend told me that it's because I'm now working with an animal too, so it's different. Well, I'm definitely loving this! Can't wait for the next Saturday already! XD

--------------------
Wheeeeeeee!

moonlight bouncing off water
Peer Ambassador
Member # 44338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonlight bouncing off water     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yay yay yay! So happy for you!

--------------------
~moonlight

I am ME and that is the only label I need.

Posts: 864 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MusicNerd
Peer Ambassador
Member # 95998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MusicNerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's so wonderful! I'm glad to hear that horse-back riding is working out so awesomely for you! I know I enjoyed riding horses when I used to do it. Have fun next Saturday! [Smile]

--------------------
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

Posts: 301 | From: a galaxy far, far away... | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Confused One
Activist
Member # 48587

Thanks, guys [Big Grin]

http://feathersridingadventures.blogspot.com/
Just thought you guys would wanna keep updated in that blog instead of spamming here lol xD

I made it yesterday. The posts there before yesterday were all copied from FB statuses lol. I'm such a spammer [Big Grin]

--------------------
Wheeeeeeee!

The Confused One
Activist
Member # 48587

An update for you guys!

I'm doing more than well with horse riding. Found a favourite horse at the club. Ruby is awesome and her gaits have been so smooth for me. I've gotten to canter now and my rising and sitting trots have improved vastly. Just went on my very first trail ride last Saturday. Also bought brand new boots. Real leather, laced up and DAMN comfy [Big Grin] Costed a bomb too haha. Dad made me get a whip as well, so I now have my own. He's already saying I need spurs and soon, I'm gonna wake up to a horse in my garden >.< He's insane, I tell you.

I'm also learning a whole lot more about horse behaviour and I hope to be able to bond with all the horses at the club, even if only a little. Ruby is now my project horse. I'm gonna try fattening her up, since she's a little on the skinny side.

All in all, this yay has not stopped being a big yay since 5th Dec [Smile]

--------------------
Wheeeeeeee!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.