Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » YAY! » We weren't accidentally pregnant!! (and THANK YOU!!)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: We weren't accidentally pregnant!! (and THANK YOU!!)
FrankieFrog
Activist
Member # 95707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrankieFrog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey all!

So my girlfriend and I just found out a few days ago that she's not pregnant!

Now obviously, we celebrate because we weren't TTC but with the amount of variables in that cycle, it was anybody's guess why it was late!
How late?

19 days late!
I was extremely worried at first, but then I thought about it logically and with some help from Scarleteen, I slowly let it go and just waited for her period to start [Smile]

We passed checkpoint after checkpoint, with negative HPTs and our doctor's reassurance and then to put the cherry on top, her period arrives!

This is a huge yay for us because along with how devastating an accidental pregnancy can be for anyone, we also both just got accepted into our top choice colleges, we both have stable lives for once, and she's just one week away from getting herself on birth control!

Our lives would've changed forever had any detail been off that day..but good sexual health practices save the day!

From now on we'll be backing up all our methods of birth control with at least one other, and i'm going to be much more careful diligent with handling the sexuality in our relationship as well [Smile]

This most recent scare has really brought out some stuff in our relationship that I think we should look into..and may you all never see me here for that same reason ever again!

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE AT SCARLETEEN!
Especially Heather and Robin, you guys are fantastic!
I have nothing but respect for how well the entire team has run this site and I hope to one day be able to be a part of the volunteer crew as well [Smile]

Through tens of thousands of posts, I can only imagine the stories you've heard and the times you've had to repeat your advice to everyone hoping for that special one-on-one treatment.

For all your sacrifice, composure, dedication and time, thank you!!! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 74 | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, there you go. [Smile] And you're welcome.

I'm really glad to hear you got into your top choice school, by the way! I'm hoping that, given your family situation, that perhaps means housing there, too, so a way out for you?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FrankieFrog
Activist
Member # 95707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrankieFrog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yea!

The college comes with dorms for students who meet the criteria, and even if I don't, there are student hostels where I can bunk and split the rent with a few roommates so i'll be fine! [Smile]

This year is really looking up!! [Big Grin]
AND HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR FROM HERE!!!

Posts: 74 | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, Frankie that is SUCH great news. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.