Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » YAY! » 2013 yay

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 2013 yay
nixieGurl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 19081

Icon 10 posted      Profile for nixieGurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I have not been able to find a job for over a year due to people not being very keen on hiring me when they find out I have been in and out of hospital due to mental illness, because I've been under the compulsory treatment mental health act in the last couple years I have to disclose it on job applications which sucks!

However I have found myself a little domestic cleaning job and also a nanny job lookin after three little girls starting next year! They know about my mental health issues but are giving me a chance anyway which is all I want as I know im a hard worker and I know I can prove myself. The little girls speak only Maori so I have to brush up on my Maori language as im not quite fluent yet! But I will really enjoy that next year! Yay for good people giving others a much needed chance!

Posts: 657 | From: NZ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin]

Hooray! (And how cool to have a chance to learn more Maori!)

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67055 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nixieGurl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 19081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nixieGurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Heather :-)

Yeah I will really enjoy having to learn more. I know enough to communicate with the kids but more is always better! They are 8 year old twins and a 5 year old so it will be a nice busy fun year for me doing what I like most. Im so so over the moon happy as I may be able to finally find somewhere safe to live and be able to afford to support myself.

Posts: 657 | From: NZ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moonlight bouncing off water
Peer Ambassador
Member # 44338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonlight bouncing off water     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is AWESOME nixie, I'm so glad to hear that you've found this job!

Good luck brushing up on your maori! I think with younger kids it's often easier to communicate when there's a language barrier because kids tend to have more imaginative ways of solving these problems, so it should go smoothly!

--------------------
~moonlight

I am ME and that is the only label I need.

Posts: 859 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharingan
Neophyte
Member # 101217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharingan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm from NZ as well, good luck with your Maori! I can hardly count to ten in Maori haha. Hope your job goes well, have a great New Years [Smile]
Posts: 8 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MusicNerd
Peer Ambassador
Member # 95998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MusicNerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's so wonderful, Nixie! Also, good luck with your Maori! [Smile]

--------------------
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

Posts: 269 | From: a galaxy far, far away... | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WesLuck
Activist
Member # 56822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WesLuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is fantastic. Have a Happy and Fulfilling New Year! [Smile]
Posts: 540 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.