Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » YAY! » Found a yay

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Found a yay
MudPuppy
Neophyte
Member # 37153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MudPuppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today was technically a pretty terrible day for me; I missed all my lectures, went to the doctor and was told I had strep throat (which I know isn't too bad but I'm very rarely unwell so it feels like torture to me), slept for a few hours and then woke up to the realisation that I have two mandatory labs to go to tomorrow, plus a Chemistry exam that I am barely prepared for. Then I watched a DVD and, probably because of the fact that my body really isn't used to antibiotics, I threw up for a little while. This last part was made worse by the fact that I had been watching the DVD with my boyfriend who had come to visit me and I felt bad about the fact that I was so sick that he had to go home.

So at that point I had basically decided today was a yay-free day for me, until it occurred to me that I am lucky enough to be going out with someone who gives up anything else he's doing (and I know for a fact there were better places he could have been this evening) to come and visit me, asks me how I'm feeling every few minutes and isn't in any way bothered by the fact that as the credits of the movie came up I immediately ran to the bathroom. I've been going out with him for a month and I almost can't believe how concerned he is for me; aside from everything else, he's really worried that the doctor was wrong about what I have and that I probably caught glandular fever from him since he had it around a year ago, and he keeps apologising for possibly having made me sick.

On other days I will be independent and maybe post in this forum about something yay-worthy within myself, but right now he is the reason for a fairly huge proportion of my yays. [Smile]

--------------------
"We held on to hopes of better days coming/ And when we did we were right!"

Posts: 30 | From: Ireland | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, there's nothing not-yay about having someone in your life to take care of you when you're sick and stressed!

That's always awesome. [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
copper86
Peer Ambassador
Member # 95710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for copper86     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope you feel better soon! Good luck with your school projects and labs! [Smile]

--------------------
"I do the best that I can. I'm just what I am." - Rush (Best I Can)

Posts: 692 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MudPuppy
Neophyte
Member # 37153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MudPuppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks. [Smile]

--------------------
"We held on to hopes of better days coming/ And when we did we were right!"

Posts: 30 | From: Ireland | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WesLuck
Activist
Member # 56822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WesLuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best wishes! It's definitely awesome when we can have someone take care of us when we're not feeling the best. [Smile]
Posts: 540 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.