Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » YAY! » Hopes and Dreams

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hopes and Dreams
Moire O'Searcaigh
Neophyte
Member # 75063

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Moire O'Searcaigh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was just wondering, what are young peoples' hopes and dreams and have they achieved them? Or are they taking steps to achieve them?

I thought of posting this in 'Support Groups', but figured it would be more of a yayfest.

So, users, anyone living the dream?

Posts: 17 | From: Northern Ireland | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chickie
Neophyte
Member # 45222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chickie         Edit/Delete Post 
Right now I'm going through a hard time...so I think about the topic of hopes a lot. I guess if I thought about it, It would have to be in a loving, supportive, and TRUSTING relationship with someone. I haven't seen a lot of honesty and truth in relationships in my life, not just mine, but the ones aroud me too. To have friends I can always count on, and have a lot of fun with. To have crazy times. That's pretty much it as of now. And right now I have pretty much two thirds. :3
Posts: 28 | From: West Coast | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brennan
Activist
Member # 72864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brennan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
People often consider me a dreamer. The fact is, I do have aspirations that do not involve my romantic future. For instance, I want to teach... I want to help teens deal with what I always wished I could have a support for.

My largest, most important dream, though... Is finding someone who I can spend the rest of my life with. I know, I know... It's corny and almost impossible to achieve, but I need it.

I was born to love in romance, to serve in marriage, (even if I end up with a man, it WILL be marriage. I will topple ANY wall stopping me from being with my true love. I will move mountains.) and to pleasure my partner in bed.

In the immortal words of Glen Hansard, "Maybe I was born to hold you in these arms."

I don't know where my determination to find a mate came from. People could blame it on my mother, loving whenever she'd make the time to spend with me between working and raising my much more high-maintenance younger sister... Maybe some folks would blame my emotional and pseudo-sexual (it got stopped before it could evolve into actual physical sexual abuse) during my childhood by someone I loved and trusted...

I don't blame any of that. That's all bullshit. I've waded through loneliness, torn through the rice-paper walls of arrogance and hate, and fought for rights that I wasn't sure were mine to fight for.

I was born to devote myself to someone who would take me and respect me, and treat me as what I seek to be treated as: a companion and lover.

So, yes, as corny as it sounds... My lifelong goal is finding someone to love.

Posts: 48 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cian
Activist
Member # 44405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am working, slowly but steadily, towards my university degree and ultimately my graduation so I can finally migrate to live with my girlfriend whom I hope to marry one day. [Smile]
Posts: 239 | From: Europe | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
E_Marie
Neophyte
Member # 99360

Icon 1 posted      Profile for E_Marie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My big dream? After high school, I want to attend TRU, get my bachelor of science, then a masters and one day a PhD in microbiology or zoology 8) that's almost as many years of school as I've been alive, and I'm so excited!
Also to have a 200+ aquarium for my hermit crabs, they're a little squooshed in their 60.

Posts: 30 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.