Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » YAY! » A cautionary tale that is totally random, a little personal but totally AWESOME

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A cautionary tale that is totally random, a little personal but totally AWESOME
elizabethinluv
Neophyte
Member # 95910

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizabethinluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK so my life pretty much sucked, I was stuck in an awful relationship and I couldn't get out of it do to threats and things like that from the guy. It'd been 20 months when I finally did what I'd been longing to do for forever.
The last months of my relationship with that guy were total misery
Guess who helped me through it?
His best friend!
I know, I know
totally obvious and guessable that I fell in love with the best friend
It wasn't like I was doing that to be a bitch. You don't choose love, it just happens.
So I'd known him since middle school. He'd actually admitted that he liked me back then and we were really close! Nothing ever came of it so eventually I settled for less. Not only was this guy less, it was a bad relationship and he was overly disrespectful (thats the nice way to put it) and he mostly just kept me around so he could use me for sex.
All this was happening and I wanted out. I was to scared and I didn't think I could do anything about my situation so I lived everyday of my life as a depressed zombie.
Eventually, I reconnected with the best friend. The guy who admitted (back in middle school) that he liked me. We IMd and texted all the time. My spirits were back up up and it wouldn't have happened without him.
I'm not the type that'd cheat.
Though everyone thinks I did...
the most that ever happened is that he might've complimented me a couple times. like 2 or 3. And he even asked me on a date! That was the turning point for me. I realized how much I wanted that date and the freedom to do what I want and be happy. A date would really be nice, I hadn't been on a date in so long, that's how it is when you're used. Your bf only cares about seeing you if you're alone in his house without any clothes on. Ugh.
The night after this nice guy who I was close to and was starting to fall for ASKED ME ON A DATE (aaaaah OMG right??) well the night after that we stayed awake until 3:30 in the morning just talking because neither of us wanted to stop talking to the other. The next day in school we shared secret smiles in the hall and secret jokes in our one and only shared class. Neither of us were even sleepy despite the fact that we only got one hour of sleep. Actually that had been my best day in so so long.
Of course the bf noticed. He got in my face, yelling asking why I was "overly happy" and "in an unusual mood"
My best friend let it slip that I was up past 3 and he made a scene, demanding to know "what other guy was in my house"
That was false and embarassing. It only made me realize MORE what I needed to do. I mean when he got that mad and angry I was seriously scared I thought he was going to kill me or something
The next day I broke up with him
Two days later I went on a date with his (now ex) best friend
three days later we were officially a couple.
I know I could've waited a little longer
and maybe I should've
I didn't really think it through because I knew that I couldn't. It'd already been a long time coming anyways
Way to long!
Apparently, this makes me a slut
and a whore
and even a cheater
this just disappoints me
I've never cared what people think
at all
but I'm justs not that kind of girl!
Though I am happy now, I am very happy and that's what matters. That's why I posted this on the yay folder ish thing.
So YAY! [Smile]
Also, girls
just a side note...
if you're ever in a bad relationship or a bad situation just get out of it ASAP because the longer you wait, the worse it'll get. You CAN do it!!!

Posts: 3 | From: Ohio | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CraftyKid
Activist
Member # 95725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CraftyKid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay!

I was in a similar situation once. Threats can be scary, and guilt can be overwhelming even though you did nothing wrong. A big KUDOS to you for being smart and getting out. I waited too long but I've learned a lot from the experience and have a great relationship now. [Smile]

Posts: 51 | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizabethinluv
Neophyte
Member # 95910

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizabethinluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aww well that's so cool!
Good for you! [Smile]
KUDOS to you too girl!

Posts: 3 | From: Ohio | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.