Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » YAY! » Trouble (the good kind)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Trouble (the good kind)
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As most of you know, my deeply beloved pug, who I had for twelve years, since she was only 7 weeks old, passed away last month very suddenly and without warning.

While she will never, ever be replaced, we'd already been looking around for a while at other dogs before then, with our eye on adding a third to our family.

And as it turns out, a puppy showed up at one of the rescues here (rescued from a domestic violence situation, which makes me all the more glad to help) who we went and met, and it was puppylove at first sight all around. His name is Trouble -- I didn't choose it, I swear -- and he's a tiny, insanely cute funky mix of dachshund, pekingese, pomeranian and yorkie, and we get to go pick him up on Friday!

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moonlight bouncing off water
Peer Ambassador
Member # 44338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonlight bouncing off water     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yay for you and your new dog!

--------------------
~moonlight

I am ME and that is the only label I need.

Posts: 864 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yay indeed!

Here he is, btw: https://twitter.com/#!/heathercorinna/status/201737375230078976/photo/1

(And yes, I know it's totally not fair that the privacy rules for you all mean not linking to identifying stuff or images and I'm doing it. It really is totally not fair. My excuse is that it's puppies.)

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alergnon
Activist
Member # 93204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alergnon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Heather!
He looks so cute!

Congratulations to your new family member, today.

I hope he isn't all that of a trouble maker, aha.

[Smile]

Posts: 517 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treetops
Activist
Member # 44381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treetops     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those are some awesome florpy ears. Glad he will have a good home [Smile]
Posts: 161 | From: europe | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janie Jones
Neophyte
Member # 46161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janie Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rescue dogs are the best. [Smile]
Congrats on the newest addition to your family!

--------------------
I don't want you to settle, I want you to grow.

Posts: 21 | From: Northeast USA | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
copper86
Peer Ambassador
Member # 95710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for copper86     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What an adorable puppy! He looks so cute and sweet!

I understand what you are going through... My 22 year-old cat passed away a few years ago; and though we got another cat (who had also been rescued), we still miss him.

I think it is wonderful that you found him and that he has a good home now! [Smile]

--------------------
"I do the best that I can. I'm just what I am." - Rush (Best I Can)

Posts: 692 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CraftyKid
Activist
Member # 95725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CraftyKid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks so cuddly! Adopting a puppy who needs a home feels even better.
Posts: 65 | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.