Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » YAY! » One awesome thing.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: One awesome thing.
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Name one totally awesome thing about your life, happening right at this very moment.

Mine is that I am able to be at work in cozy blue flannel zebra-print pajamas.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67055 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Encryption of Life
Neophyte
Member # 50342

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Encryption of Life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm alive [Smile]

--------------------
Life, what can we do about it?
Previous name was Kateson.

Posts: 18 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a check back from my apartment complex. They rented my apartment and I have extra money for bills [Smile]

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3415 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treetops
Activist
Member # 44381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treetops     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you so much for making this area now! Just had a really awful evening and needed some cheering up.

I am wearing a cardigown, which is the best garment ever. (Pretty much does what it says on the tin; part cardigan, part dressing gown. And it has a hood. And it's really fuzzy.) And I love portmanteau words so it's extra-awesome.

[ 08-07-2011, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: treetops ]

Posts: 158 | From: europe | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
treetops: I will be thanking you in the future profusely for introducing me to that term, I have no doubt. I believe I have met my new fave uniform of everything now.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67055 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
birdsandbees
Neophyte
Member # 74397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for birdsandbees     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my friend just told me he loved me and i love him; hopefully something good happens
Posts: 14 | From: San Diego, Ca | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brennan
Activist
Member # 72864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brennan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to go do the first part of human mating tomorrow: parading. I plan on going to the waterfront and playing guitar for all the beautiful people, while holding a sign in my guitar case with the words, "Tip me with a smile" written upon it.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 48 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonicTwelve
Activist
Member # 34415

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TonicTwelve     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got the results for a really important exam back today, that I had been really stressed about. I got an A so I'm on a massive high right now! Super pleased!

My dog is sleeping next to me and she's having a dream so she's making little barking and whuffling noises and her little legs are twitching. It's very cute. [Smile]

--------------------
~~Caitlin

"Oh baby I said,
It's all in our hands,
Got to learn to respect,
What we don't understand,
We are fortunate ones,
Fortunate ones, I swear."

Posts: 61 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treetops
Activist
Member # 44381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treetops     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This, by the way, is pretty much it (also liking the caption):  -
Posts: 158 | From: europe | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breath
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 50014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for breath     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am writing in my journal and feel like my voice is coming out ,and I'm meeting my past with compassion instead of negativity and regret and other negative emotions.
Posts: 347 | From: US | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loststone
Activist
Member # 51804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for loststone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A guy just sent me a message saying a post I made about how asexuals having "compromise sex" for sexual partners (yuck) intersects with privilege/rape culture was awesome [Smile] .
Posts: 134 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alice
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rocked my Feminist Therapy presentation in class today and got an 'A'

--------------------
The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you. - B.B. King

Posts: 1180 | From: WA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cap'n Sofa
Neophyte
Member # 72294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cap'n Sofa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a new computer! And I started Driver's Ed and my crush is in my class, so I get to see her more over the summer!
Posts: 1 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Moire O'Searcaigh
Neophyte
Member # 75063

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Moire O'Searcaigh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a new stable home with my awesome uncle and I'm applying to go to a university. Basically, my YAY: Got my life almost back on track!
Posts: 17 | From: Northern Ireland | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Moire: that is the very best thing I have heard in days. THAT IS THE BEST THING EVER. You rock! [Big Grin]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

treetops
Activist
Member # 44381

Went swimming today for the first time in years, having felt unconfident about my body for ages. Really enjoyed it [Smile] .
treetops
Activist
Member # 44381

Also, to be a bit recursive, this thread is awesome and I like reading other people's awesome things.
Moire O'Searcaigh
Neophyte
Member # 75063

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Moire O'Searcaigh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by treetops:
Went swimming today for the first time in years, having felt unconfident about my body for ages. Really enjoyed it [Smile] .

Awesome! It's good to get over body image worries and just go out in a swimsuit sometime. Proud for you!
Posts: 17 | From: Northern Ireland | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm chatting with my partner about attending SlutWalk together on Saturday, which we are both really excited about! [Smile]

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 8994 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill2000Plus
Activist
Member # 41657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill2000Plus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had this awesome, extremely therapeutic dream in which I did lots of sex, and also got to high five an octopus (gladly, the dream did not involve having sex with the octopus).

I tidied my room.

I watched a bunch of animation on DVD (Courage the Cowardly Dog and Toradora!) and I got some DVDs in the post and an order that I thought might not ship because one of the items was Limited Edition and could have already sold out actually did ship. I also traded in an anime boxset that I didn't want for an anime series I did want at a local secondhand store, which I was very pleased about as the former was a somewhat rash purchase of a series that I wasn't sure about, and since I haven't got tons of money at the moment, I was glad to be able to get a series I did want by trading in something I already had and paying just a few quid for the rest of the cost, I was really sensible about it too, I went into the store just to browse, and of course it just so happened that for once they had something I wanted, so I asked them to reserve it for me and then that night I watched an episode online to make sure I wasn't buying something that I wouldn't like (if I hadn't gotten into it after 2-3 episodes I would have just said thanks for holding it for me but I don't want it anymore so you can sell it to someone else), and I bought in my set to trade the next day. Wow that was a long paragraph.

I've been reading the manga of Wandering Son (I already watched the anime series) about two transgendered children who are starting puberty. It's really good.

I've started going to an ADHD support group and the people there are nice and friendly, I've been to two meetings now.

I went to my LGBT youth group this week and I had a great time and I got free entry to the local Pride, which I'm going to this weekend, and I'll probably get to spend it with my sister and her best friend (who's very nice).

I walked more this week, which is good exercise and saves me money on bus fares.

--------------------
Always knock before entering my room when I am in there alone, as I may be doing all sorts of wonderfully thrilling things that I'd rather you didn't see.

Posts: 840 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw a girl on the subway today, around 16, wearing a shirt that said "Better to lose a lover than to love a loser". Best T-shirt ever.

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 8994 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treetops
Activist
Member # 44381

Someone I don't know that well used 'they' pronouns to describe me yesterday, which is my preference. It's the first time anyone's done that, and I had a smile on my face all evening, I felt awesome. I hadn't said anything to them about it either - I think they just picked up that I am genderqueer and defaulted to 'they'. Happiness!
Heather
Member # 3

Fantasticness! [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Thehiddenone
Activist
Member # 39654

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thehiddenone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm watching Russell Howard's Right Here Right Now tour! I love it and it makes me so happy. [Smile]

Plus i'm talking to my boyfriend, he always makes me smile. [Smile]

AND for once, i've gotten my mum a christmas present this year, i think she'll like it.

Posts: 108 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JackT
Neophyte
Member # 72460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JackT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a great job, and I'm finally able to work my way out of poverty.
Posts: 27 | From: Australia | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kawani3792
Activist
Member # 48854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kawani3792     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been accepted to my first choice college...!!
Posts: 178 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WesLuck
Activist
Member # 56822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WesLuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well done! [Smile]
Posts: 540 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moonlight bouncing off water
Peer Ambassador
Member # 44338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonlight bouncing off water     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few days ago while I was on vacation a guy came up to me and randomly started talking to me. I think he might have been flirting with me. Regardless of whether he was flirting with me, I was totally cool with the idea of him flirting with me, which was awesome because it means that I'm really starting to get over my ex. Also I talked to my ex last night via facebook chat, I expressed that I really didn't feel like I had any closure and said a lot of other things about our break up that I had been bottling up, and he felt pretty much the same way about all of them! I hope to talk to him again soon about all of that and get maybe a little more closure. But moral of the story, I'm getting over him and on with my life!

--------------------
~moonlight

I am ME and that is the only label I need.

Posts: 859 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.