Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » YAY! » Feel good comments!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Feel good comments!
Bun Bun
Activist
Member # 37353

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Bun Bun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Forgive me if there's a thread like this already! I seem to remember one, but can't find it. If that's the case, feel free to delete this thread and send me the in right direction [Smile]

I often find that the best and most meaningful compliments I've ever gotten are ones that I really don't expect to hear from someone. So let's hear some of your favourite compliments that you've recieved! Feel free to elaborate on why they make you feel so good [Smile]

Here's mine:

"It's really cool that you're so open about your sexuality."
I got this from a friend of a friend after a night out when where I had talked about an ex-girlfriend of mine. He asked me on facebook if I was bisexual (because I have a boyfriend right now) and I said I was. That was his reply, and it just made me feel so good.

"Your neck is so long and beautiful..."
I never wear my hair up because I've always thought I had a funny shaped face (ridiculous, I know). Today it was frizzy when I woke up, so I threw it into a side bun! My boyfriend and I were eating a snack before class when he said this to me. I felt so beautiful for the rest of the day! It's not a body part I've ever gotten a comment about!

Posts: 206 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Typical Young and Dumb Teenager?
Activist
Member # 37530

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Typical Young and Dumb Teenager?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As stupid as this may sound, I was talking to a senior band member the other day, and she said, "You only have a year left of school." I then replied that I was online a sophomore, and then she said that she honestly thought I was a junior because I "act like a junior and act more maturely about things."

.. a few days later, another senior band member said the same thing in a different scenario.

It just made me feel good because I'd hate to think everyone thought of me as the stupid sophomore who was never going to grow up and was super obnoxious.

--------------------
Young and Dumb.
"Life is a balance of holding on and letting go." - Keith Urban

Posts: 243 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluejumprope
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 40774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluejumprope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great topic, Bun Bun. It made me think of Best Body Image Moments, but that's different.

People thinking I'm older has always made me feel good too.

-At a writing workshop a while ago a girl I'd never really spoken to handed me a note at the end that made me feel really good. She said that on a few occasions someone in the group had made a suggestion that didn't feel right to her, and she had glanced at me because she valued my opinion. She said I made a sympathetic face that somehow communicated to her that I didn't think it was great advice, and that it had helped her stay on track. It felt really good that someone had been aware of me in that way without my knowing, and that she valued my perspective.

-[Hopefully not TMI] "That is the hottest thing I have ever seen." I got that one when I was masturbating in front of a new partner for the first time. She said it in this way which felt really genuine, and wow it made me feel good about myself. That was like the equivalent of a dozen therapy sessions [Smile]

--------------------
without tenderness, we are in hell. -Adrienne Rich

Posts: 407 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orca
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've had a similar experience in regards to writing. My college's (very small) lit mag was in need of work to put in it, so one of the editor's sent out an email to five people she considered to be a good writer, one of whom was me. It felt nice to be considered one of the good writers out of so many others, especially since I'd been under the impression that the girl who sent the email disliked me. I ended up not submitting anything, though, because I didn't have time. But it did make me feel a bit better about my writing. [Smile]

--------------------
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 2726 | From: North America | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill2000Plus
Activist
Member # 41657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill2000Plus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend saying I have a "lovely behind", he was just so obviously really enjoying my butt that it was very nice to hear (lol).

Also (more possible TMI!) the first time he fingered me while I stimulated myself, after I came he said that it was lovely, I almost could have done a somersault on the bed from his earnest affection (he's so awesome!)

I've been told I'm very likeable.

People have told me I have a lot of empathy and compassion for young people, and that's something I never want to lose, I never want to forget what it was like to be a legal minor, so it's good to hear.

--------------------
Always knock before entering my room when I am in there alone, as I may be doing all sorts of wonderfully thrilling things that I'd rather you didn't see.

Posts: 840 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.