Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » YAY! » Things are almost scarily good

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Things are almost scarily good
Kawani3792
Activist
Member # 48854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kawani3792     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just registered for college classes less than a week ago.
I saw some more realistic figures on how expensive room and board is and realized I am much less in the hole than I thought I'd be.
I found out the school just introduced a new Library and Information Sciences minor, and since I want to get my Master's in that when I finish my undergrad degree...
The college does have an LGBT group.
And free women's health center for students.
And free pool (perfect for someone with screwy joints, aquatherapy is excellent).
The disability resource people are amazing and thought of things that I'd never have thought of, like putting me in early registration so I can create a perfect schedule, working around my limitations regarding sitting for a long time, and unkinking myself in the morning.
My pain management doctor, when I told him that I didn't really have the money for my prescription every month, upped my dosage so that I'll be paying the same copay for twice the pills, so that a refill can last me two months if it has to.
My dorm roommate seems pretty darn awesome.
There are excellent study help places all over campus, including one just for those with a diagnosed disability or first-generation college students.
There's a Harry Potter club! They play Quidditch! Whee!
Less than two months before I go!! Yes, I'm counting down the days.
Enormous library and it is so beautiful. Fifteen libraries, technically.

And the silliest thing ever to be happy about, but I am happy anyway-
My family was going to my last doctor appointment and we saw country legend George Jones and his wife in the car in front of us.

Wheeee! I know things won't go this well forever, but for now, I'm not going to complain.

Posts: 183 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WesLuck
Activist
Member # 56822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WesLuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a BIG YAY! It is nice when things are going well in life, and there are interesting challenges to look forward to! It is kinda funny (funny interesting, not funny ha ha [Wink] ) that more things go right for you when you are positive and feel comfortable in your own skin. [Smile]

I wish you all the best with your time at college!

[ 07-04-2012, 08:33 AM: Message edited by: WesLuck ]

Posts: 540 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MusicNerd
Peer Ambassador
Member # 95998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MusicNerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! All of those things definitely call for a YAY!! [Big Grin] Wait, there's also a Quidditch team? Sweet! I'm also gonna start my freshman year of college. It's so exciting, isn't it? [Smile]

I hope you have a blast in college!

[ 07-04-2012, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: MusicNerd ]

--------------------
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

Posts: 301 | From: a galaxy far, far away... | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WesLuck
Activist
Member # 56822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WesLuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder whether they will do any flying on broomsticks! <grin> [Wink]

[ 07-05-2012, 01:00 AM: Message edited by: WesLuck ]

Posts: 540 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kawani3792
Activist
Member # 48854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kawani3792     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They don't fly, but they do ride broomsticks. And the seeker is a person. It's pretty awesome.
Posts: 183 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.