Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Test question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Test question
user321
Neophyte
Member # 109347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for user321     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am probably being ridiculous but I took a pregnancy test first thing in the morning exactly 3 weeks after the risk. It says to pee on it for 3-7 seconds and now here I am worrying I didn't do it for long enough. If I did indeed not do it for long enough would the results even show up? because I got a definite negative.
I also took another test (a dip test) and followed all the instructions, i even timed it but if it says to put it in the urine for 10 seconds and you accidentally leave it in for another 1-2 seconds would it affect the result?
(Also negative for this test)

Posts: 12 | From: Australia | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Being off by a second one way or the other should not affect the result. As long as you followed the instructions, you can trust those results. And two false results in a row would be extremely unlikely.

[ 01-16-2014, 02:31 AM: Message edited by: September ]

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
user321
Neophyte
Member # 109347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for user321     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've taken 3 negative tests in total. I guess i really should stop being paranoid now!
Is it common for the birth control pill to have a serious affect on moods during the first few months?
I have been quite snappy and cranky and also feeling like I need to cry almost all the time..

Posts: 12 | From: Australia | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most people don't have side-effects, but they can happen occasionally. Side-effects are more common in the first three months, before the body adjusts. Has it been three months since you started this pill, and have you taken it according to the instructions? If you have, then we'd suggest seeing a healthcare provider and discussing it. There are a range of different pills available with slight variations in the exact kind and amount of hormones, and different pills suit different people.

It would also be a good idea to have a think if there's anything going on in your life that might have affected your moods - anything that's making you particularly unhappy, worried, stressed or confused.

At this point, with those negative pregnancy tests, it might be helpful for you to have a read of this: You're Not Pregnant. Why Do You think You Are? If there's anything in there that you think might be going on for you, we're happy to talk about that with you and help you figure out what to do about it.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
user321
Neophyte
Member # 109347

Thanks I've already read every article related to that. I'm going to talk to the doctor today. Thanks for your advice.
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're quite welcome, and I hope the appointment is informative and helpful
Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.