Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » What's wrong with my boyfriend?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What's wrong with my boyfriend?
tellak
Neophyte
Member # 109324

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tellak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry if it's long.
So I've been dating this guy for 4 months now. I'm 20 and he is 18 (turns 19 in march). He just started college. To make things short, we talked for a month or 2 before we made things official. He takes me on multiple dates and even bought me a game system (I didnt ask for it, he just did cause he knows I really wanted it) and other little stuff I dont ask for.. Before we started dating we went on atleast 6 or more dates. He really liked me. And he said the last thing on his mind is to ever hurt me (he said this before we started dating). He also told me he loves me first. And he tells his friends about me. And then we started dating and things were amazing.

We had our moments where we would argue a little but we always established things and went along with our relationship.There was literally nothing wrong in these months but then all of a sudden last Thursday, he acts weird when we were texting.

It was like 12am and I asked him if anything was bothering him (especially when I was gonna go to sleep and he didn't say I love you).So i told him where's my i love you and he said it to me. Then I asked him if anything was wrong and he said no. And then we said our good nights. 20 minutes later he texts me saying he's sorry, he was just just upset and he told me constantly how he honestly does love me alot and how this will never happen again. I asked him why and he said he was just having doubts in his head and he doesn't wanna talk about it and just move on from it. And that he just wants me with him. And then he says he just doesn't know what he wants and that sometimes he thinks he doesn't think he's the guy that he deserves. I comforted him and he felt alot more better. And he asked if I was happy with him, and I said yes. And he said he's happy with me but he's not happy with himself. I comforted him again and he told me he honestly feels alot better and that he loves me so much.

Things were good until yesterday. He came over with my friends, I sensed something was off about him though. When he left he kissed me really hard and went his way. I texted him and asked him if he was bored and he said "I was fine baby I was there for you [Smile] " and how he was so happy and that we will have all next week for alone time.
Literally like 2 hours later I ask him to post a picture we took of us on instagram and he says he will but not right now. And we get into a little conversation about that and I get upset because I felt like he just doesnt want to post anything involving me. He says its not that at all babe. And he goes on to say how im the sweetest girl and he never wants to hurt me and he wants it to say that way. And how he just isnt sure if he is ready for a serious relationship right now. And how I deserve someone who wants me seriously.

But I dont understand where this all came from. It's just so random. We agreed to talk about this in person before anything else happens. He told me he will try to make the time to see me when he gets the chance. I didnt reply back after I let him know I didnt want to talk to him about this until then. So i'm thinking about giving him time to think to himself like he did a few days ago. He was also with his friends at his brother's little party, so I doubt his mind was on straight. And he keeps liking my pictures I posted today, even after I stopped talking to him. Which is weird to me. I just need another person's perspective about what he may be going through? tbh I wouldnt know for sure unless we talk it out. It may be a phase but what do you think? I know in my heart he genuinely loves me, but this is his first serious relationship and I'm his first love. I don't want us to break up. Please help.

And btw, he says college may get in the way from seeing me but he's only an hour away. And that we are different. Which is totally random.

he talks about our future all the time too. And he is also excited for our future.

[ 01-12-2014, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: tellak ]

Posts: 5 | From: washington dc | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi tellak! Welcome to Scarleteen! [Smile]

I think the only way to know what your boyfriend is going through is asking him directly. Really, he is the only one with the answer. [Smile]

So, how about having a talk with him, telling him all the things that you said in here?

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 420 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.