Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Attraction?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Attraction?
ladybug18
Activist
Member # 96153

Icon 4 posted      Profile for ladybug18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! Okay so, I am really, more than ever attracted to this guy, especially when we see each other, however sometimes I can't read him, and it's getting me crazy.

My story is, he would text me here and there asking where I am, what I'm up to, and if he wants to pass by for a few minutes to say hey. So, when we saw each other at this club we danced and talked, which was nice and he passed by the next day to chat for a few minutes. On tuesday, he texted me saying where I was and he came to this party that I was at, we danced, laughed, talked like crazy. I would dance with other guys he would not stop staring, his friends would look at both of us and smile, also, his friends would pull me to say to dance with him or to tap him to look at me or something.

He is honestly a really nice guy, has not tried to kiss me or flirt with me in saying " hey baby " or anything like that. Second, he asked me what I am about to do after this party, i said im not so sure, hes like "do you want to hang out?" which I said ok too, so I would keep asking him "what do you want to do then?" he just wouldn't give a straight answer so I just ended up saying "You're making it awkward so I'll just go to bed" he laughed! and he texts me later saying "I'm messing up, you should have been with me tonight" I answered, " why didnt you say anything? if you still want to chill i'm still walking back " no reply after that.

So, im just so confused? Is he attracted to me too? Im so not sure. I got out of a long relationship and YES, i can say im so happy I'm finally attracted to someone else but i just do not know about him?! [Confused] [Confused]

Thank you so much for helping!

Posts: 43 | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ladybug,

The truth is, the only person who can tell you for certain if this guy is attracted to you is him. That means that the best course of action is to ask him directly. It sounds like you and he are comfortable talking with each other, and it sounds like it might be good for both of you to talk about any feelings/attraction you may be having.

Posts: 1288 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladybug18
Activist
Member # 96153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladybug18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, I was actually planning to do that but since he did not reply after messaging me " You should be with me tonight, I'm messing up " I just didn't want to sound annoying?
Posts: 43 | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think in this instance you'd be being annoying. It sounds like you two like hanging out, so a message along the lines of "hey, want to get coffee/tea/ice cream?" may be a good place to start. If he still doesn't respond after that, I'd say hold off on further messages. You've let him know you want to hang out, now you need to see if he reciprocates.
Posts: 1288 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladybug18
Activist
Member # 96153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladybug18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay, thank you so much!
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

You're welcome!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.