Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » My boyfriend cheated on me and I forgave him

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My boyfriend cheated on me and I forgave him
CandyCane123
Neophyte
Member # 108954

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CandyCane123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

Well, I've been with this guy for about 5 months and about 2 months ago I found out that he had sex with a girl he used to talk to before me. I see this girl every day, and she came clean and told me the truth about it because we became friends. Now, despite this, I forgave him because even though it hurt me a lot, it was the only mistake he has ever done in terms of our relationship and I understand that nobody's perfect. He's positive that it will never again happen, and I do believe him.

Now that we are together, for some reason the passion between us has sparked, which is pretty ironic. I'm a virgin (we are planning to have sex soon though) and I now feel tremendously attracted to him, and I don't understand why. Is it right for me to feel this way? Is it normal? I'm not complaining, but I'm just scared that later I'll get depressed about what he did and I'll regret that he took my virginity (if we have sex).

Posts: 1 | From: Virginia | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi CandyCane! Welcome to Scarleteen! [Smile]

First of all, I would like to say that when it comes to feelings, there is no "right", "wrong" or "normal". You get to feel what ever you feel, and that's always okay. If it helps to hear it, having sexual attraction to someone we like, even after we had some troubles with them, sounds pretty normal to me. [Smile]

When we are thinking about having sex for the first time, I think is really important we take some time to think about our expectations and what we want to get out about it. I you ask me, virginity is not something someone can "take" away from us, and whenever we decide to have sex, is something we should do only because we want to do it, and we feel ready to do it (physically, intellectually and emotionally). Saddly, there is no way to see the future and be sure if your boyfriend is going to stick to the promise he did, or to know if you are going to have regrets or not about having sex with him, but if and when you make the decision of having sex - be with him or someone else - if you decide this because you wanted to do it for yourself, then I think that will help you with the possible outcomes. [Smile]

Here is a link for an article I think would be helpful. Sometimes doing this kind of "checklist" is a very nice way to think about the big stuff in our lives.

Ready or Not? The Scarleteen Sex Readiness Checklist

Hope this helps a little! If there is anything else you want to talk about or need help with, let us know and we'll be happy to talk with you. [Smile]

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 420 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In a situation like thisI would personally advise taking more time to rebuild trust, and see that this person actually maintains that for a while, say a few months, before moving forward into something the really requires a lot of it, like sex. Especially if this is a first-time sexual relationship for you.

At the very least, too, since you know they have very recently, and within your relationship, had another sexual partner, I would be sure this guy gets a new round of STI testing first.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.