Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » how to??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: how to??
Miss S
Activist
Member # 107855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss S     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im 22 years old and my boyfriend is having lots of pressure on himself his life is about college gym and work all the time and I can barely see him and I go to college too and I work for my brother and I don't get payed much.. in august me and my boyfriend will be together for 2 years and we're really really happy and theres nothing wrong with our relationship..so yesterday he was really upset and told me that im not taking any responsibility in this relationship not even money wise..and his is bugging him because he needs a woman next to him not a girl..and though ive been living like this for 20 years and together weve been 2 years together I dunno how to do this..how am I supposed to be responsible?? I have no clue how to change this though I really want to..i need to mention that we barely have any fights..i really need help
Posts: 66 | From: somewhere | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Miss S,

I'm really sorry to hear this is going on, as it sounds like it's super upsetting and confusing for you.

None of us can say how you can be more responsible, because everybody's idea of what responsible means is different. Do you know what your boyfriend meant by that besides contributing financially to the relationship?

If you don't know what he meant, the easiest way to find out is to ask him. [Smile] I know that may feel hard right now since you're not used to having arguments with him, but I think that if you ask him what he means, that could help the two of you have a constructive conversation, rather than an argument, about this.

What do you think?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss S
Activist
Member # 107855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss S     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
its just financially wise..he needs support he needs me to be stronger..he's thinkin abnout me as his wife..we're planning to get married we're that serious..but he think my money control is not good at all..since I dnt have a real job and he's paying for everything:/ and would u please check a question I posted in the pregnancy forum I also need a help there too please lol
Posts: 66 | From: somewhere | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hear you saying a couple of different things here.

You're talking about the money, yes, but you're also talking about your boyfriend needing you to support him and needing you to be stronger. Do you know what he means by that?

in terms of the financial stuff, did you and he talk about any changes you both could make that would help with this?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss S
Activist
Member # 107855

needing my support and strength money wise..he needs back up!! financially back up..to be more mature about it..but how can I do that?

--------------------
Miss S

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Well, how do you think you can do that?

Did you also ask your boyfriend how he thought you could do that?

--------------------
Robin

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.