Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Am I the wrong one here?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Am I the wrong one here?
ladybug18
Activist
Member # 96153

Icon 4 posted      Profile for ladybug18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello.
as of now, i'm confused and bruised which goes to conclusion am I the wrong one here?
I've been in a relationship with this guy for years, we ended things badly in February, so we haven't spoken in months, and I really wanted closure and to just check up on him.

Things went perfectly, I knew that moment he missed me, he even told me. He told me how he was ******* up at uni, friends and even me. Everything went so smoothly, until he asked if I had a boyfriend, no I don't, neither does he have a girlfriend, BUT, I had to ask if he hooked up with anyone, his answer was no, but yes, I did, but we were broken up and I was hurt.

He changed in an instant, said hurtful words, and I just don't know he just changed and made it seem like I was the bad one over here, when really is it my fault that I mentioned hooking up? If i didn't then maybe the conversation would be different. Is it my fault that I hooked up with someone when he was never really there for me those few months? When he can easily ignore me, then talk to me out of nowhere?

I don't know what to do, he later then said sorry for all the stuff he said because he was hurt. Now, he wants nothing to do with me and said that he used to have strong feelings for me but now they're gone.

I'm confused? Why say one thing then change your mind?
What do I do now? Is he really gone? What hurts too, is that he'd rather live without me.

Posts: 43 | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, after a breakup, people are allowed to move on. You're supposed to.

That absolutely often includes people seeking out new romantic or sexual relationships.

Really, sounds like this conversation between the two of you maybe wasn't one to have: things ended badly, so asking each other very personal things right off the bat? Probably not so wise.

But, what's done is done, and I don't see answering a question honestly, or having gone ahead and moved on, as something bad. The fact that his feelings are hurt by that isn't something you can control or manage, as well, you can't control if he's saying he feels done. he gets to feel how he feels. Who knows what's going on with him, but I think the long and the short of it is that this is just over, and it sounds like it's probably best for you two not to talk. [Frown]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.