Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Old ''friend'' comes back into life.............

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Old ''friend'' comes back into life.............
catlover1997
Neophyte
Member # 104262

Icon 1 posted      Profile for catlover1997         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, so back last year in like, April; a girl from my youth group randomly messaged me and she said she'd like to hang out with sometime??? i was confused, but then she said she felt like God had told her i needed support and help...she seemed to know i was suffering from depression...anyway..her and i became good friends...i found out she suffered from bi polar and had a severe history of cutting....my parents felt she wasnt a good influence on me..she was 18..im only 15..almost 16..anyway so they said i shouldnt have anything to do with her anymore..so i stopped all contact with her and everything...but a few minutes ago i just got a text from an unknown number saying they missed how we talked and they wanted to talk to me and all this stuff..i'm pretty sure it was from her, Natalia. Im in shock to be honest..as i...i dont know how to explain it...it brings back a lot of feelings back for me because i kinda felt like i wasnt cool enough to be her friend and so i lied to her a couple times about being with guys....really, really stupid i know ay?! Anyway!!!!!!!!!!!! i am in a lot of confusion right now.....i dont know what to do..i know shes a bad infuence..cos she did weed and drugs quite reguarly and she partied and stuff and her older brother is addicted to drugs and all this stuff... she's...quite...out there...ya know?? and okay, she was quite a good support person for me...i suppose...but we havent talked for ages and now she randomly texts me out of the blue?
i dont know what to do or to think...im just sooo shocked... :\ [Frown]

Posts: 36 | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you have a friend or trusted family member you can talk to about this? It sounds like you have a lot of strong, conflicting emotions around this person, so before you do anything at all, I would strongly encourage you to talk this over with someone, ideally someone who knows the both of you.

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 8994 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catlover1997
Neophyte
Member # 104262

Icon 1 posted      Profile for catlover1997         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No I don't have anybody to talk to about her. I'm just rather confused and I don't know... She just makes me feel depressed and I don't want her back in my life but I don't know... It's really hard.. Like.. I don't miss her although I know how awful that sounds.. She was a bad influence.. I just felt like I needed to tell somebody as she kinda influenced me in a negative way
Posts: 36 | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it sounds to me like you already know what you want: you do not want her back in your life. There is nothing at all awful about making a decision as to who it is healthy for you to be around. It the friendship with that person was not a healthy place to be for you, then it is a really good thing that you can recognize that and act on it.

Friendship is supposed to be a mutually beneficial thing. If you don't feel like you would get something positive out of this friendship, there is absolutely no reason to rekindle it. You do not owe this person a friendship.

So how do you feel about this now? Is there still anything to talk through? We'd be happy to do that here with you.

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 8994 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catlover1997
Neophyte
Member # 104262

Thank you for all of that [Smile] I just wanted to let my feelings out and vent [Smile] and yes! It's rather important and I posted it in the emergency section on here [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.