Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » How should i go about this??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How should i go about this??
That Strange CT child
Activist
Member # 104246

Icon 5 posted      Profile for That Strange CT child     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok so my mom's mood is getting worse and she's getting worked up about the stupidest things
I need to get away from her but idk how to start
I should email my father and ask him about what his living arrangements are, maybe he has room for me and my animals, but im not sure
I should visit his house in PA one weekend and scope out the area, but other people are giving me different advice
Someone said schools in PA suck and i should just gather and save a bunch of $$ so i can get out when im 18, and i should secretly set up a bank account and all, but im not sure how that works
I have 4 older relatives who live in CT in the same apartment building so idk if any of them want to put up with me, at least i'd get to stay in CT, and they all do seem to like me
I at least wanna finish sophmore year where i am but idk what to do next
I cant keep putting up with my mom's mental issues
Should i ask all them without telling my mom and without her knowing and see what can be done??

--------------------
It is my hope that what i ask here is answered for me and anyone else afraid to ask the same question :)

Posts: 133 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you feel comfortable talking to any of these relatives, just to start the conversation and get some support and ideas on what to do and how or if other members of your family can help?

Do you have a teacher or counsellor at school whom you would feel comfortable talking to about all this?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
That Strange CT child
Activist
Member # 104246

Icon 1 posted      Profile for That Strange CT child     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do [Smile]
I will talk to a few people this coming week

--------------------
It is my hope that what i ask here is answered for me and anyone else afraid to ask the same question :)

Posts: 133 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.