Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Had enough

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Had enough
That Strange CT child
Activist
Member # 104246

Icon 9 posted      Profile for That Strange CT child     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok i must say i am udderly sick and tired of dealing with my mom and sister
Today ive gotten nothing but crap from them
Our school progress reports came in and my grades were all 80s and 90s except one that was a 77 cause i inadvertantly missed a homework assignment and my latest grades werent yet put in the gradebook
She starts talking abt my grades sucking and putting me in lower level courses and that im only gonna get into a community college and be a failure and stuff while at the same time she doesnt encourage any of the new material i learn in classes like chemistry and gets mad about me having my school materials out and about
Then we go driving and im very anxious, in an unfamiliar area, and she knows i dont do well when she talks and distracts me, but still she screams at me and almost caused 2 accidents
We were driving for like 2 hours and when we got back, she notices a scratch in the wallpaper and is blaming me for it
She thinks it was caused by a laundry hamper
Well my sis brought all 3 hampers up and down those stairs today and my mom and i were driving when the scratch got there
She even says she would have noticed it had it happened earlier, and when i say this to her she is all like not wanting to hear it, its cause she knows im right
Now she wants to move all my animals to the cold, datk, chemical filled basement [Frown]
Im sick of being treated like this and used as a scapegoat
Part of me feels like giving all my animals new homes and just ending it
I would contact my father who lives in PA but idk if he's able to accomodate me
Idk what to do!!!

--------------------
It is my hope that what i ask here is answered for me and anyone else afraid to ask the same question :)

Posts: 133 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haleigh H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haleigh H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Strange CT child, that sounds like a really stressful day. Do you feel comfortable sitting down with your mom and telling her how your feeling?

What do you think?

--------------------
Haleigh

Posts: 176 | From: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
That Strange CT child
Activist
Member # 104246

Icon 1 posted      Profile for That Strange CT child     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She wants nothing to do with me but she has brought her precious, innocent daughter to the mall with her while im here with the urge to OD on something
It seems these types of days r more common, im thinkin of emailing my father so i can visit him and survey his living arrangements
I cant keep going to bed wanting to die (usually in the day this doesnt happen but when im trying to fall asleep i wish i would never wake up)

--------------------
It is my hope that what i ask here is answered for me and anyone else afraid to ask the same question :)

Posts: 133 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moonlight bouncing off water
Peer Ambassador
Member # 44338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonlight bouncing off water     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CT Child, please, if you are feeling suicidal call 911 or contact someone who can get you help immediately. It does get better and you truly can enjoy life and be happy. Things being bad right now doesn't mean they will always be.

--------------------
~moonlight

I am ME and that is the only label I need.

Posts: 863 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
That Strange CT child
Activist
Member # 104246

Icon 1 posted      Profile for That Strange CT child     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My cousin came over and calmed me down

--------------------

Jacob at Scarleteen
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 66249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacob at Scarleteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As moonlight says it's so important that you try to speak to someone if you're feeling suicidal. If you'd like someone else to speak to, this is the national suicide prevention lifeline: 18002738255

There are always more options to explore. I'm so sorry you're having such a horrible experience with you mum and your home situation. I'm thankful you've come to us for help, I really hope we can. You're not completely without options.

I'm wondering, how feasible it would be to call your dad? And are there other people or places you could go? Also would you like help finding out what else could be available for you?

Your willingness to consider moving out takes a lot of bravery which can help you out no matter what you decide.

Please let us know however we can help.

Posts: 687 | From: Leeds UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacob at Scarleteen
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 66249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacob at Scarleteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You posted just before me. I'm so so so glad to hear that.
Posts: 687 | From: Leeds UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad to hear you're feeling calmer. Is your cousin someone you can get support from on a reglar basis?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
That Strange CT child
Activist
Member # 104246

Im thinkin of emailing my father so one weekend i could survey his living arrangements
Maybe if the nature and school system are good enough where he is and he's ok with it i'll high-tail it to there and give myself a break from the people giving me issues in CT, but i'd be leaving a lot behind here if i moved, however i cant be talked to like im a worthless loser every day
Idk if my mom means what she says or if its impulse but shes going over the edge now

--------------------

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there anyone in your life right now who could help you with all of this, and help you figure out how to cope?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
That Strange CT child
Activist
Member # 104246

Just my cousin, but idk if she'd keep quiet abt it

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.