Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » guy trouble.. when to know if i am pushing to far?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: guy trouble.. when to know if i am pushing to far?
gabyr
Neophyte
Member # 104317

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gabyr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
there is this guy.. and i am very much interested. i could tell he was interested to. At first he gave me an attitude. he was very charming but cocky, he made me think about him. there was this one time where i broke my backpack. He told me that maybe hed lend me an extra one of his, maybe ( hes cocky) i told him id tutor him in return. Turns out that he ran to my friends room to see where i lived and stopped by my dorm to give me the backpack. i wasnt there so he told my roomate to tell me he dropped it off and then came to find me to tell me himself. After that he asked me to tutor him. He got all dressed up and nervous. We would stupid things like before going back to our own dorms (they are across from each other) we would turn to look back at each other to see if the other person is looking, it was far enough away that it wasnt weird. So on valentines day a 2 couples made a reservation togthere and needed ecxtra people to fill it up. Me and my friend and the guy i like were going. Of course my friend canceled last minute so it ended up being us two going along with the 2 couples. it was a bit weird.. there was tension but it was pretty nice. The night resulted to him drinking wine with me and really opening up. He held my hand and wrapped his arms around me. The next morning he texted me and told me he wishes i was here... (i was in ny). so i assumed he was interested. Now last friday we went into town and our two friends ditched us. It was set up and it felt forced..and neither of us were happy..since then he dosn't text me.. i have him in class.. and we are still nice but he dose not ask to hang out. he dose however always say how we should do all these things like go see a movie, go to ny, take a europe trip, but he never proceeds.. should i back off? i am treating him as friend, texting him like a friend. I am not sure if i play hard to get or what the heck is on his mind..i really like him, i am not sure what to do [EMAIL][/EMAIL] [EMAIL][/EMAIL] helpp meee
Posts: 7 | From: putney vermont | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there, gabyr.

have you asked him about this?

In other words, said something like, "Hey, I'm feeling a little confused about where we're at since last Friday. I'm interested in you, but I can't tell how you're feeling about me lately."

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gabyr
Neophyte
Member # 104317

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gabyr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i met him 3 weeks ago, i don't want to do that if obvious and i am not getting the picture..
Posts: 7 | From: putney vermont | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes we have to ask questions to get straight answers. And especially in dating, where it is easy to feel awkward and unsure, asking questions is the best way to find out what you really want to know and to avoid miscommunications.

If you don't want to come straight out and ask him what's up, you can try inviting him to hang out. If he declines, you can still ask him if anything has changed.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gabyr
Neophyte
Member # 104317

okay, i wasn't sure if the answer was right in front of me, i don't want to seem desperate
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, if someone is interested in being with you, then asking if they share that interest? It won't seem desperate: they'll welcome that, because it tells them YOU are interested in them.

if they're not interested in you, then really, there's no way to do anything wrong by asking if they are, nor right: if they're not interested, they're not, you know?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.