Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » How can i stop this??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How can i stop this??
That Strange CT child
Activist
Member # 104246

Icon 8 posted      Profile for That Strange CT child     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok so my mom has been being very annoying lately
Yesterday i was on my ipod trying to figure out my camera issues when she just barges into my room (it was 10pm) and lays down on my bed, almost falling asleep and warming it up
I dont like going to bed on warm sheets and i dont like her leaving my door open
Because i breed firebelly toads, they r under a strict daylight photoperiod
When their light goes off, my room goes dark except for a nightlight
Because there r sometimes lights on in other rooms, opening the door lets in unnecessary light
Also i feed flies to my insects and a loose fly easily escapes an open door instead of staying in my room where i can catch it within a few days, then i get yelled at for having flies loose in the house
Also she thinks it ok to bother me at night when im trying to fall asleep by calling me or coming into my room and falling asleep in my bed
I need my space at night and my toads r conveniently quiet when shes around, so i try to make her leave but she doesnt listen and last night i had to resort to whipping her with a phone charger (luckily she had taken her sleeping pills so she doesnt remember me doing this) to make her leave
I try to drop hints during the day by avoiding her but she doesnt get it!!!

--------------------
It is my hope that what i ask here is answered for me and anyone else afraid to ask the same question :)

Posts: 133 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allie R
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 102566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Allie R     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds like you're having trouble communicating your feelings to your mother. Do you think you'd be able to sit down with her, and convey to her- nicely, of course- how you feel about needing your space? Maybe she isn't aware that your toads need very particular conditions, or isn't thinking that your bedroom is your private space.

--------------------
AAR

Posts: 109 | From: Maryland | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
That Strange CT child
Activist
Member # 104246

Icon 1 posted      Profile for That Strange CT child     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ive had these toads for over 3 years and have done nothing but explain their needs to her
The other problem is she is all like "this is my house and i can go wherever i want in it" but if she designated a room as mine, it should be mine
And ive told her its not appropriate to fall asleep in my bed like that and she gets all "well its not like im doing anything" and blah blah, not that im accusing her of that or anything but she is so bothersome!!

--------------------
It is my hope that what i ask here is answered for me and anyone else afraid to ask the same question :)

Posts: 133 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allie R
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 102566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Allie R     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really sorry to hear that, it must be frustrating to not have your needs understood and respected, even after you try to communicate them in a reasonable manner. Is there anything else that's going that may shed some more light on this issue/help us be able to help you?

--------------------
AAR

Posts: 109 | From: Maryland | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.