Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » How Do I Ask a Guy Out On a Date?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How Do I Ask a Guy Out On a Date?
BellaMenina
Neophyte
Member # 102177

Icon 12 posted      Profile for BellaMenina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So here's the story...
I met this guy online and honestly he just wants to have a one night stand with me but he is BEYOND CUTE!
We're both 20 and right now he left to Texas for a retreat and won't be back until 2 months.
He told me that I was beautiful and wants to hang out with me when he gets back.
How do I ask him out for a date?
Like going out to the movies?
I have only had 1 boyfriend in my life and we dated for 3 years but he dumped me because he was cheating on me and we were young and we never dated before actually becoming boyfriend/girlfriend so I'm practically new at this!
Ugh can someone give me tips on this!
Flirting tips maybe?
Thanks. :]

Posts: 19 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, do I understand you right that he's made clear he isn't interested in dating, but only in a one-night stand?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BellaMenina
Neophyte
Member # 102177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BellaMenina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well yes but then he told me that he'd like to hang out with me when he gets back.
Posts: 19 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, it sounds like maybe this is less about asking him out on a date, and more about finding out if that's what he even wants first, you know?

If he hasn't said he's had a change of heart, personally, I would assume he hasn't, and "hang out" means sex.

But if you know -- as it sounds like you do -- that what you want is dating, not casual sex or a booty call, and you want to find out if he wants what you want, I'd suggest just asking him about that clearly.

As in, "Hey, you said you wanted to hang out when you got back. I'd like to hang out, too, but I'm interested in dating, not a one-night stand or just a hookup. Are you interested in dating me, or are you still feeling like a one-night-stand is all you want right now?"

Or something like that.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BellaMenina
Neophyte
Member # 102177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BellaMenina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah it sounds likes that's the only thing I can do. I'll just be straight about it. Thanks!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.