Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » How does someone cope?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How does someone cope?
Alergnon
Activist
Member # 93204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alergnon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm having a hard time with something. M and I, there isn't anything now because of me.

It ate me inside and I needed to tell him, the same week I saw him after meeting him, I saw two other guys, one we fooled around and the other nothing happened and it's no excuse for what I did.

I told him... I could see his pain inside. There isn't him and I anymore. I feel horrible. Keeping it from me ate me inside.

"Romantically its over between me and u probably. I dont hate u." is what he sent me in one of his text messages.

This is hard... I don't remember ever feeling this way for a break-up ever. I feel horrible.

On top of everything, I'm looking for another full time job after my work hours for my other job to consume myself in work and I need to save for College and I'm already running into money issues with my job now.

How does someone cope with this? I already messed my arm up, not because of the break, just other crap, it was my breaking point.

Posts: 517 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Alergnon,

I'm sorry to hear about this. It's clear that M means a lot to you.

Sometimes, things just are going to hurt for a while. That is to say, there is no surefire way to make the hurt go away all at once. That said, if you're hurting yourself physically it sounds like you do need to find some safer coping strategies.

What other things have been helpful to you in the past when dealing with things that hurt? I know that you were on a waiting list for counselling that was several months long; it's been a few months since you've spoken of that; has there been any progress? Have you heard how much longer you'll need to wait?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alergnon
Activist
Member # 93204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alergnon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw a Psychologist the other day and I see him again in a month. I can see him for 12 sessions.

I have other crap going on... I have a unknown issue with my stomach, been tested for a few things and still being tested, I may have to go under and them doing a scope of my colon/intestines. I get pain to the point I can't move, but it's been getting better. The fact my Grandma is a vegetable in a bed dying and I'm here. Then with money issues which is driving me to get a second full time job.

M meant a lot to me. I guess I need to get over it. Besides I am sick and I have to work tomorrow night, overnight. I slept Friday morning till this morning, slept 30 hrs and got up and discovered I can't talk... I'm going crazy since I can't use my own voice. I need to focus on getting better or getting my voice to work.

Posts: 517 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI Alergnon,

Sounds like there's a lot of stress indeed.

How are you doing today?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill2000Plus
Activist
Member # 41657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill2000Plus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Algernon I just wanted to say that it sounds like you're really struggling and suffering at the moment and I hope you're ok, take care.

--------------------
Always knock before entering my room when I am in there alone, as I may be doing all sorts of wonderfully thrilling things that I'd rather you didn't see.

Posts: 840 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.