Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Parent Issues: Why I Can't See My Lover

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Parent Issues: Why I Can't See My Lover
cagedbird123
Activist
Member # 63989

Icon 9 posted      Profile for cagedbird123         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am 17, about to be 18. I still live at home with my devoutly Christian homophobic family. I am wiccan and have a bi boyfriend. He was my first and ever since I had sex with him they have done everything to keep us appart. It has been over a year and we're still together and hoping to get married when we're out of college and financaily ready. Until then we've done some sneeking around and getting caught. We can't have sex, be affectionate, or just be ourselves infront of or near my family. I tried to talk this over with them last summer, but they kicked me out of the house for three days (as seen on my post "Sex Doesn't Feel Good", and by the way, it still doesn't). So I cannot be alone with my boyfriend or just snuggle on the coutch... I feel very upset that in order to see the love of my life I have to jump through the hoops of someone elses moral code. Any ideas on how to talk to my parents or handle this?
Posts: 95 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It doesn't sound, unfortunately, like talking to your parents is likely to get you anywhere. They sound pretty unwavering with their position. [Frown]

Where else do/can you two spend time together besides your home?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67955 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cagedbird123
Activist
Member # 63989

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cagedbird123         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, yeah. I talked to my mother yesterday night. It was a disaster and I think she is more adamant now that I proved her points to be stupid and wrong (like when she said that we cannot lay on the couch together because it leads to sex and we cannot control ourselves because we are hormonal. I quickly debunked these things. I also told her that the whole marrige issue was a lose lose situalion and to let it go, butnthat didn't fase her, nor did it when I called out her contradictory statements, falacies, and circular reasoning.)

My love and I can see each other at my house or his, provided someone is home and we have nothing that we could be doing/working on for the next week. That being said, those occations are rare. The onlly other way is to sneek around, which I don't like because if we get caught/in trouble for it than we get privileges taken from us and we can't see each other at all. Sex or physical intimacy is out of the question. I still don't feel good about sex (as discussed in my post "Sex Doesn't Feel Good"), but it no longer makes me ill or causes me pain (besides constant UTIs and discomfort during "orgazm" as disscussed in "Orgazm Is Uncomfortable, Not Pleasurable").

Posts: 95 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry to hear that your discussion with your mother was so unpleasant. Unfortunately, plenty of people hold very tightly to their beliefs regardless of whether or not those beliefs are rooted in fact.

So, how do you feel about having your relationship be more about spending time together and talking, without the possibility of physical closeness? Do you feel like that can work for you right now?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cagedbird123
Activist
Member # 63989

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cagedbird123         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That has been what most of our relationship is at this point. We can't even really speak to each other freely and our time together is sparce and stressful. It's hard to relax and be together when your constantly being watched, judged, and ridiculed by my entire family. My mother has all my texts forwarded to her. All my internet is monitered by her. She can see and read everything I do and write. She can probably see this, or will find it eventually.
We want to be able to be genuine with each other and express our love in other ways, including physical ways. We think it's important to know each other and explore each other in any and every way.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.