Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » My Best Friend Might Be a Father?!?!?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Best Friend Might Be a Father?!?!?
emily410404
Neophyte
Member # 99633

Icon 9 posted      Profile for emily410404     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday, I was eating with my best friend before our high school's home football game. He got up to get a drink and while he was gone, his ex-girlfriend walked over and sat down at the booth. She looked at me with this smug look on her face and said that she and my best friend were having a baby. She then threatened me by saying that I am never allowed to like my best friend or to even hang out with him or talk to him anymore, or she would hurt me. She then got up and left. My friend then came back and asked what she said, so I told him (leaving out the whole "stay away from him or else" part). He said that it was impossible for her to be pregnant with his baby, and that she was probably faking it to get back at him for breaking up with her. Is he lying to me, or is she lying to everyone? He's only 14, and he's my best friend, but if I try to be there for him, His ex-girlfriend might try to do something to me.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, emily.

This sounds like manufactured drama to me, particularly given the situation and ages involved.

However, someone threatening to do you harm, ever, is always a serious thing and something I think should be taken seriously.

Since she did this at school, how might you feel about reporting that threat to your school administration?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.