Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Two guy.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Two guy.
Emma10101
Neophyte
Member # 107486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emma10101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, I have been with this completely wonderful guy for about a year now. He is really great and in a week, we are both moving to California for the summer. Let's call him Rick. Anyway, I am really bad at relationships. A year is a huge deal for me and I am getting bored. This guy and me are not going to be together forever. but it is still good and we are really good friends.
However, I have always maintained a solid base of online friends. So I started talking to this guy named Mark. It was just random. I got his name off a contact board but we really connected. Like, I think about this guy all the time and I know he thinks about me too. He is from about 5 hours away and there is a concert where I live. He is coming down this weekend and I am super scared I am going to cheat on my boyfriend. I know the obvious advice is not to see him, or if I do see him I should breakup with my boyfriend. But since I plan to go to California, breaking up is not an option. And I really like this guy, though it is not the right thing to do, my mind is fixated on it.
I think I can probably make it through the night without doing anything abhorrently bad, I know after I spend time with him, it will make it a lot harder to face my boyfriend. Especially since this new guy is super exciting and I really really like him. Possibly more than I liked my boyfriend in the start. Also California is super far away I probably wouldn't be able to see him for the whole summer. Which sounds awful.
Anyway, I know there is no easy solution or advice that one could give me that is not the obvious. I know I should break up with my boyfriend but I just cannot right now. I would really appreciate someone else's thoughts on this though...

--------------------
~Emma

Posts: 1 | From: Pennsylvaina | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear you saying you don't feel like you can trust yourself around this other guy to honor an exclusivity agreement you have made with your current boyfriend.

Do I have that right?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68189 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.