Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Moving ON

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Moving ON
justinbieberfan
Activist
Member # 54253

Icon 9 posted      Profile for justinbieberfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone, I'm back (again) [Frown] .

I was at my ex-friends-with-benefits' new house today so her family could see our new puppy. While her mom, her grandma, and my own mom were outside talking, she got really over-bearing at even the slightest word or mumble. She even judged me on my change in appearance over the past two years or so we've been apart.
Then, when she said she wanted to ride bikes with me starting at my own home, we had a little conversation - and what she said really cut me deep. Like: "we never dated", "that never happened", (and this was when I was mentioning her taking my virginity ~2 years ago) and "that doesn't mean anything". I then decided that this was the last straw and that I was moving on - there's no chance of ever rekindling this relationship ever again. We'll just be distant friends.

And now I'm torn apart, emotionally. I'll have to take Lacey to homecoming, I'll probably never find that special someone for a long while (not even to go to prom with!), and I'll have to spend my high school/college years in the "friend zone", a loner, and/or having to live with a bunch of stupid bachelors for life [Frown] I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO! She's taken it all, ALL i tell you

-jbf

--------------------
~Prince of Equestria~

Posts: 65 | From: West Virginia | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, justin: I've been wondering how you might be doing lately. [Smile]

(And as one person with a new puppy to another, fistbump in solidarity, including with the total lack of sleep it tends to require.)

I know it's hard not to do this sometimes, but projecting a never-ever-never, or some such, onto one situation, or just a few months or years in life is really something you want to avoid doing. One, because it's usually totally unrealistic, but even more so, two, because it will make you way more miserable than you already feel.

You don't have to take anyone to homecoming. Nor this one girl (who probably wouldn't want you to take her anyway if you only would because you "have to," or feel she's your only option. I mean, jeez, talk about what sounds like a night from hell for that girl.)

One person, this ex-FWB was insensitive and crummy with you. That doesn't mean that every other person will treat you this way. And she hasn't "taken it all." What is "it all?" Did she steal your soul? I get you're feeling like crud, and I certainly get why, but I think talking about this after seriously dialing down the drama would probably go a lot better, don't you? [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.