Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Discussing STDs to ur partner

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Discussing STDs to ur partner
Angelica Maria
Activist
Member # 96266

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angelica Maria     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just need advice about communication and trust on the topic of sexual penetration. Ok. First of all, would u tell ur significant other that ur going to get an HIV/AIDS or STD test after u had sex with that person? Also if ur partner told u that he/she was getting tested for HIV or STDs, how wouldmu feel about it and how would u take it?

I saw my girlfriend in person, finally. We made love to each other twice. We are still together and of all the posts I've made about our relationship, I just wanted u to know that she hasn't once abused me that whole trip. We had a wonderful time. I just don't know how she's gonna be now but were still together. I know that anytime u are sexually active, especially loss of my virginity, it's important to get tested. Now it's not that I don't trust her. It's not a matter of trust. Which is why I'm asking about this. Lying isn't the only scenario. If I'm gonna get tested, I wanted to know if it's really important to tell ur partner. Have a feeling it may be in a way. Anyways, I hope I cn get people's opinions anytime soon.

--------------------
*Angelica, A, A-Maria, Maria, Angie; address me as either of those* We shall never deny an individual's sexuality, even the most ridiculous identity. We are free to love who we love and identify our sexual orientation our way. Theres no rules!

Posts: 57 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Angelica. I'd definitely say it's important to be open and communicate with your partner, and I don't see why she would be offended to hear that you're going for testing. After all, it is an important part of healthcare and as you said, isn't about trusting or not trusting someone.

Do you know if she is at all educated around STI testing and its importance? Do you think you could even have a conversation with her about HER getting tested as well, and maybe, if she's not knowledgeable around this, share information, say some articles from our site? You could even make getting tested into something you do together -- about taking care of your health together. What do you think?

[ 09-04-2012, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: Onionpie ]

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angelica Maria
Activist
Member # 96266

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angelica Maria     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess so. My girlfriend is left back. She's 17 and in 10 grade. I would assume she doesn't know how serious and/or importnt it is. I just need to make sure I say it so she knws I trust her. Plus, she's had sexual contact. As in, she was sexually abused. She said she's never mutually had sex. It's kind of a good reason to get tested.

--------------------
*Angelica, A, A-Maria, Maria, Angie; address me as either of those* We shall never deny an individual's sexuality, even the most ridiculous identity. We are free to love who we love and identify our sexual orientation our way. Theres no rules!

Posts: 57 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree that it'd be a good idea for her to get tested. I also think that she NEEDS to know how important getting tested is, and how serious a deal taking care of one's sexual health is, before she can really be properly ready for any kind of sex, you know? That's some really important information that needs to be understood to keep everyone safe and sound. So do you think you'll be able to talk to her about this? I'll include some articles that might be able to help you think of some ways of discussing this with her.

Safe, Sound & Sexy: A Safer Sex How-To
Be a Blabbermouth! The Whats, Whys and Hows of Talking About Sex With a Partner
Testing, Testing...

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.