Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » He doesn't believe me that I like him?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: He doesn't believe me that I like him?
Princess Cakey
Neophyte
Member # 96603

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Princess Cakey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really like a guy I've known for a while now and I finally told him a couple days ago. He told me he didn't think I actually liked him but rather I liked the sweet things he said about relationships and whatnot. He has kinda low self esteem so I know he never really thinks girls like him, but when I told him that I did, he should have taken that as a sign that I like him! I don't know what to do. It hasn't effected our friendship, but I want him to believe me... I just want him. I dunno what to do. Help?
Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, can you maybe explain what believing you means?

In other words, you've told him, so he knows. How does whether he accepts that or not impact you? Do you want something from him, like for him to want to get involved with you in some way beyond your existing friendship?

Also, why do you think he doesn't believe you? Were you expecting him to respond in a certain way that he didn't?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Cakey
Neophyte
Member # 96603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Princess Cakey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He literally told me, "I don't believe you." He thinks that I'm convincing myself that I like him because I like something about him. And I do like that thing about him, but I also like everything else! I dunno what I want from him exactly, but a "I feel the same way!" or even a "I don't feel the same way..." Would be better than just, "Nope, not true."
Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds to me like ultimately, this is just out of your control, and you've got what you're going to get from him around it. We can't make someone believe us, and really, it's a bit out of place for us to try with something like this.

By all means, it's a bit disrespectful to suggest you don't know your own mind, so I certainly think holding that line would be appropriate if you want to. But beyond that, all you can do is leave this with him.

If he chooses not to believe it? Well, he gets to do that, you know?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heero222
Activist
Member # 27731

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heero222         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if he didn't believe you when you said you like him then there is a couple things you could do depending on how far you're willing to go. You could tell him again that you like him, you could ask him out on a date or you could do something to show him you like him.

From the sounds of it he probably thought you were teasing him or making a joke. I had a similiar problem with a girl once and while it wasn't easy to muster up the courage to tell her again and insist that I wanted to go out with her it was worth it.

Good luck hope everything works out for you.

[ 08-21-2012, 02:26 PM: Message edited by: nighteyesv ]

Posts: 58 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WesLuck
Activist
Member # 56822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WesLuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-hugs-

and all the best on whatever you decide. [Smile]

Posts: 540 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.