Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Parents want to kick me out of the house.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Parents want to kick me out of the house.
SilverLining
Activist
Member # 72701

Icon 5 posted      Profile for SilverLining     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay. So basically my dad got upset yesterday for me taking his headphones without asking him (It wasn't it was expensive, they were normal iPod headphones, my sister was using mine) because I needed to listen to a speech for response questions, The video wasn't loud enough and my mom told me that he was in a meeting so I decided not to bother calling an just use them, I didn't put them back when I was done and when he found out that I used them and didn't put them back he was furious.

Oh, also worth mentioning I guess is I failed my physics 11 course which is the first course I've ever failed, so I think maybe it didn't help the fact he already thought I was "a waste of money" in his eyes.

So he comes home and I was working and he asks where the headphones are, I show him and he takes my laptop from me, my phone and iTouch from me while I was finishing an essay due today. He told me to shut up and go to sleep.

Since our school is Canadian based in the Caribbean we do all our schooling on the internet and I got my laptop back for school. After my mom picked me up from school she told me that he arranged an haircut appointment for me get all my hair cut off and thats what happened. He said that "Since you want to act like a rebel you might as well look like one." He said that whatever I do get to use is his, even my appearance is up to him and if I didn't get my hair cut he was going to kick me out of the house so of course I got my haircut.

Right after we went to his work because we only have one car and he was working late so he needed to switch it with my mom. Upon entering the car looked in the backseat at me and my sister and softly, but clearly says "******* ugly."

I'm in grade 11 now, The reason I failed the course, well, No one in the class passed the course to begin with, is because I had skipped a grade and Physics happens to be one of the most challenging courses to take at grade 11.

After all of this I don't know what to think anymore but really I just think I should get it over with and leave the house myself. I just don't know... I need another opinion.

As for people I can talk to, pretty much no one. My mom thinks I'm just a dumb *** because I failed and my dad couldn't care less other than the fact that he has to pay more for me to retake the course.

I just feel that my family really is just a bunch of superficial assholes to be honest.

--------------------
SilverLining 2012

Posts: 97 | From: Lost along in the Caribbean... | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it's certainly clear there is some serious emotional abuse that happens in your home.

My concern right now if first to make sure that you have somewhere safe to go and be, whether you get kicked out or you don't. We can talk more about all of this, but I think doing what we can do to make sure that's set first is really important.

So, do you have somewhere to go you know is safe, be that a safe relative or friend's house, a teacher or counselor, a shelter?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SilverLining
Activist
Member # 72701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SilverLining     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have just one friend who I've mentioned this too and she says if anything I could go to her house...Only reason I'm reluctant is that she's the girlfriend I just told I still need some time to myself.

Her mom likes me and I'm on good term with her entire family... I just hate that I have to put people out of their way for me... Like literally, I get a guilty feeling that I actually rather sleep outside in grass somewhere rather than put people to that trouble when my own parents don't want me in the house.

--------------------
SilverLining 2012

Posts: 97 | From: Lost along in the Caribbean... | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
naplement
Activist
Member # 46362

Icon 1 posted      Profile for naplement     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I'm so sorry for this all, I'll leave the serious answering to the staff, but I'd like to add that just because these people are abusing you, it doesn't mean that you don't "deserve" more. Just because they are your "own parents", this doesn't mean that they love you most - this is a thing that is often said, but it's no law of nature. You shouldn't imagine other people's reactions based on theirs, because what they do is abusive. [Frown]
Posts: 124 | From: hungary | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I think it's always important to remember that when we need help, and people who care about us can give it, we're rarely putting them out. Think about it: were the shoe on the other foot, you'd feel privileged to be able to help someone you valued, no?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SilverLining
Activist
Member # 72701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SilverLining     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. I understand. If it comes to me having to leave my house I think that's my only option then. Thank you both. Do you think there's anything else I can do though?

--------------------
SilverLining 2012

Heather
Member # 3

Well, I think that it would certainly be wise to consider talking to someone professional about the dynamics in your house, since it doesn't sound like a safe place for anyone to be.

Would you be open to doing that? Talking to a teacher, counselor or social worker, so that they could help?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

SilverLining
Activist
Member # 72701

Anyone "professional" here where I live would cost money I don't have and something my parents would consider "A waste of time and money" because they think everything is fine. Their too stubborn to take their children's opinions because neither of them really want children, they just want things that they can boast about and do whatever they want whenever they say it.

--------------------
SilverLining 2012

Heather
Member # 3

You don't have a social service department in your country? Are you sure? That's very, very unusual, if so.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

SilverLining
Activist
Member # 72701

I'll check, what should I say if I find their phone number or whatever?

--------------------
SilverLining 2012

Heather
Member # 3

I'd go ahead and check online, then read the material they have describing what they can do with abuse in a family and what their protocol is. Most social service agencies around the world have all of that online now, and make it all pretty clear.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

SilverLining
Activist
Member # 72701

Okay I will... Thanks...I'll get back to you...

--------------------
SilverLining 2012

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.