Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » down below

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: down below
thecrazykid
Neophyte
Member # 86416

Icon 13 posted      Profile for thecrazykid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I havent had a monthly cycle for about a year i sometimes get one every 6-7 months and then the month after that and stop again for another how ever many months. also i have a like string of skin or something what is coming out of my vagina its about 5cm
its not normal?

Posts: 5 | From: Earth | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let's start with the basics: how many years has it been since you first started getting periods?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thecrazykid
Neophyte
Member # 86416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thecrazykid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i started my periods when i was 12 and im now 15 but i know sometimes when you first start your periods you dont always get them every month
Posts: 5 | From: Earth | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's actually fairly common for it to take as long as five years or more for periods to become regular for some folks.

So, I wouldn't worry about this so long as you know you're taking good care of your health otherwise, like eating enough and getting enough rest and daily activity.

With that "string of skin," it's hard to know what you mean, as it could be a couple things. Do you feel pretty educated about your genitals and all the parts of them? If not, it might make the most sense for us to start by giving you some more of that education and information.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thecrazykid
Neophyte
Member # 86416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thecrazykid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ohh okay and thankyou. i dont think im that educated with its not one of them things i would feel comfortable talking about face to face
Heather
Member # 3

That's okay: a lot of people feel that way.

So, let me link you out to our most basic rundown of the vulva and vagina, then if that doesn't clear up what this might be, we can keep talking. [Smile]

Here you go: Innies & Outies: The Vagina, Clitoris, Uterus and More

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

thecrazykid
Neophyte
Member # 86416

thanks but its still hasnt cleared it up, i know its not to be there its like a string of skin coming out of the vagina
Heather
Member # 3

So, this is something you're seeing as coming from, rather than connected to the outside of, your vaginal opening?

If so, might this piece sound like it's describing that to you: My Corona: The Anatomy Formerly Known as the Hymen & the Myths That Surround It?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.