Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Prom Date!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Prom Date!
sunshineeexoxo
Neophyte
Member # 48632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunshineeexoxo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a junior in high school, and my prom is coming up very very soon. I'm very excited for it, I'm sure I'll have lots of fun.

I asked my date back in the fall sometime. He's a friend of mine, and I know that we'll have a great time. So unconventional, me asking him since I'm a girl. [Razz] Oh well, he's a sophomore anyways and it's a junior prom. But, he's who I wanted to take me, because he's a lot of fun.

I find him very attractive. I've told him too, but I don't know if he thinks I'm serious. But I am, ha.

It's common knowledge within my friends that I want to hook up with him. It's not that I even have romantic feelings for him. Just physically attracted to him.

Now, if only I could I could make him want to hook up with me...I know prom night hookups are so cliche and have been done a million times, but I feel like I should get the true high school experience, yeah?

Anyone think I should not do it? Or totally go for it? Or any other opinions?

--------------------
:)

Posts: 15 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I'm less concerned with cliches and more concerned with the fact that prom date sex often tends to result in people's judgment not being as good as it is at other times. It also seems like a lot of folks that go that route wind up going from 0 to 60 with someone rather than moving a little more gradually, which is probably why we so rarely hear about super-awesome prom night sex.

Have you and this person ever explored anything physical together? have you ever talked about it with him, rather than just with your friends?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunshineeexoxo
Neophyte
Member # 48632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunshineeexoxo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't have sex with him...well, penetrative penis in vagina sex. I'm a virgin in that sense, and while he's a great guy, I wouldn't do that to myself then.

Anything physical, hmm. Not too physical. Holding hands a couple times, as a joke, I've kissed his cheek and he's kissed mine before, that sort of thing.

I've mentioned wanting to hook up to him, but again, it was in a joking sense, and I doubt he took me seriously.

--------------------

Posts: 15 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, here's my suggestion: if you are serious, and to think you're going to pursue something sexual with him, how about talking about it with him so he knows you ARE serious?

If that feels scary or too precarious, that can be a good way of feeling out if any kind of sex is a sound choice. Usually, if we don't feel right talking about it, we're not likely to feel great about doing it. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunshineeexoxo
Neophyte
Member # 48632

Sounds like a plan. [Smile] Thank you, a lot.

Not really sure how I'll go about bringing this up, but I'll figure something out. [Razz]

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

How soon is the prom? Far enough in advance that maybe the two of you could go out a few times before then for you to get a better sense of how you feel and also talk about this if you do think you want to pursue it?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

sunshineeexoxo
Neophyte
Member # 48632

Prom is next weekend.

We already had plans to hang out after school within the next few days, and this weekend, so I'm sure I can bring it up then.

I mean, really, I don't care if it's prom night that we hook up, I just want to in general, so maybe I'll mention that to him.

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

And you know, that sounds, to me, like a much better proposition and a far better way of coming at this, especially if you want anything sexual between you to be most likely to go well. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

sunshineeexoxo
Neophyte
Member # 48632

We hung out a couple days ago, with a group of us. We went to the playground, ate candy, sat on the swings, and listened to music. Real wild teenager teenagers we are. [Razz]

After a while, people slowly left, and eventually it was just the two of us. We were just fooling around, trying to catch candy in our mouths, and reliving our childhood a bit. I eventually just sat down on a swing, he sat down beside me.

I basically just casually mentioned that he looked nice today, and that I was looking forward to prom. He basically reciprocated those words, and I made a joke about us having to hook up on prom night, like what always happens. He laughed, and I said "Well, yeah, I'm kidding. Kinda" And it just went from there.

He was a little shocked at first, because I'm not the type of person AT ALL to come out and say something like that, but I kind of just explained what I was trying to get at, and he thought about it for a second, and then he kinda shrugged and agreed, said that would be cool.

We both agreed that this could be totally awkward, or a lot of fun. We're hoping that it will be a lot of fun. When I dropped him off at home, I kissed him on the cheek (Not unusual, I kiss all my friends on the cheek hello and goodbye, male, female, taken, single, gay straight, just my greeting.) Instead of getting out of the car right away he looked at me then kissed me full on.

He then proceeded to get out of the car, wave goodbye, and say "You know, I'm liking this already."

Life is good. ^_^

--------------------

scotthoser1
Neophyte
Member # 61258

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scotthoser1         Edit/Delete Post 
Good job talking to him. That's a cute story! I hope things work out for you. But please, remember to be careful. You're still really young. Make sure its what you really want, and you're prepared for this mentally.

--------------------
Scottie

Posts: 14 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.