Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » polymorphous relationship

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: polymorphous relationship
Corinne Aimee
Neophyte
Member # 47113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corinne Aimee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a few weeks into my first polymorphous relationship and I have a few questions.

1. My mom knows and approves of us. My gf's mom knows that her daughter and i are gfs and sort of accepts that, but she doesn't know about our bf. My bf's parents know nothing..they don't even know we've been having sex for 2 years cause they would never approve. Is this gonna be an issue for us or do y'all think we can work through having to be discreet to 2 sets of the parents?

2. We have talked about where we want this to go and we all want to add another guy to our relationship. Should we wait a while before we do that? For how long? Should we actively go searching or just let it happen naturally if that makes any sense?

3. My gf is self consious among most people. Shes lovin being a part of this, but she's worried that people at school are gonna call her a slut. I tell her that Ive been called a slut for a while and i just say that people who say that are jealous of my sexual confidence. (that was my mom's suggestion as to how to handle it btw..shes awesome). What can i tell my gf to help ease her mind

Posts: 8 | From: Louisiana | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mma
Activist
Member # 47280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure what you mean by polymorphous, but I think you might be talking about polyamory.

If so, you might want to check out http://www.lovemore.com/. When I wanted to learn about that topic, I found it pretty helpful.

I don't have any direct personal experience, so I can't help you with your specific questions, except to say that with regard to point 2, nobody can really tell you what you "should" do except the three of you (and anybody else you add to the relationship).

Regarding point 3, why is she worried? I really like something I came across a while ago-- "what other people think of me is none of my business." "Slut" is such a meaningless term anyway, it'd be like worrying that someone was going to call you a "snorgblort." What your girlfriend does in her private life is none of their business, so any comments they have about it are just their own prejudices and sexual mores, not about her or anything real or objective.

Don't know if that helps at all...

--------------------
http://www.safeplace.org

1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
http://www.ndvh.org

Posts: 116 | From: Texas | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.