Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Emotionally...weird?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Emotionally...weird?
juju
Neophyte
Member # 46787

Icon 11 posted      Profile for juju     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Firstly, I can't believe I stumbled over this site! It's amazing!

This is a bit of a long story!
Okay, so I'm a girl in a relationship with a girl. We've only been dating for 7months, but we both are madly in love with each other! It's a little hard seeing as we live on opposite sides of Australia though! She's come to Perth for me, and I've been to Queensland for her, and we love each other so deeply, that even distance couldn't break us up. We trust each other completely, so all in all, i feel our relationship is great!

There is one thing however, which I've had issues with before, but we've talked about it and I'd gotten over it. Her manager (also friend) had developed a crush on her. She'd tell me that he'd invite her over and they'd sleep in the same bed and play poker together etc, and I got all...funny about it, and told her that I didn't really feel comfortable with it even though I know she'd never ever cheat on me. In the back of my mind I could picture him getting all cuddly with her and it'd make me so mad!

So eventually I got over my little (I suppose you could call it jealousy) thing, and I even met him on my recent visit to Queensland! He seemed nice, and I thought I'd maybe judged him too harshly before I'd even met him. My gf and I communicate daily via text, and today she told me she'd gotten drunk with her manager/friend and was hanging out with him at his and would most likely sleep over etc etc, and that big angry feeling came back!!! On one hand I feel like I'm overreacting, because she should be allowed to have close friends that are guys, just like I do, but on the other hand I just want to fly back over there, and give this guy a big ol' smack in the face and scream "I HATE YOU!!"!

My emotions are strange! Do you reckon I have a valid reason to be angry? Or is this a silly little thing i need to accept and get over?
Whew! Feels good to get that out! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2 | From: Australia - Perth,WA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devanie
Activist
Member # 46095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Devanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe you should talk to her about both of your definitions of "cheating"? Some people consider flirting AT ALL cheating, where as some people are fine as long as you aren't having oral/manual/ intercourse sex. And some people are in the middle of those two extremes or even further extreme! And sometimes it also depends on the sex/gender/orientation of the person that your partner is hanging out with.

Talk to her about it when you're both feeling calm and collected, though. You don't want to blow up at her, which is likely to happen if you confront her about it when you're angry.

=) I hope everything works out well for you!

Posts: 116 | From: SL | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
juju
Neophyte
Member # 46787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for juju     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your advice!

I went to bed all angry after that, but I found our diary that we both write in, and I was flicking through it and found a few pages that I'd never read before, and there she'd written dot points about all the things she loves about me!
I melted and realized I was being stupid, and that she'd never do anything to hurt or upset me!
And in the morning we spoke and she's decided to move back to Perth, where she wont even have to see her 'friend' again!
So all is well! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2 | From: Australia - Perth,WA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devanie
Activist
Member # 46095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Devanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
=D I'm glad that all is well!
Posts: 116 | From: SL | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.