Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Talking to mom (not answered in "About That "Talk" with Your Parents...")

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Talking to mom (not answered in "About That "Talk" with Your Parents...")
klpowerschan
Neophyte
Member # 40148

Icon 9 posted      Profile for klpowerschan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been sexually active for about I year now, but I've never figured out how to tell my mom, or even if I SHOULD tell her. She had me put on birth control almost immediatly after my first period, but also insists that there is no place in the life of a teenager for sex. I want to be open with her, but she's giving me mixed signals! Does anyone have any advice?
Posts: 6 | From: U.S. | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robot_on_fire
Activist
Member # 45735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robot_on_fire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
be open with her.

My mother was the same way. But one day i just said: yes i had sex.

And she was so cool about it. I felt it made us closer.
I cant say your mum will be the same, but dont assume she wont take it well.

good luck

Posts: 92 | From: las vegas | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
klpowerschan
Neophyte
Member # 40148

Icon 1 posted      Profile for klpowerschan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, robot. As unsettling as the thought of just saying it might be, you're probably right.
Posts: 6 | From: U.S. | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Interpol In Static
Neophyte
Member # 44929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Interpol In Static     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Honesty is the best policy, I belive. Especially with issues like this. You both should be on the same page, so if questions or problems come up later, you can both handle it in the best possible way.
Posts: 5 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.