Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » i am confused- does he like me or what?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i am confused- does he like me or what?
pinkpotatoes84
Neophyte
Member # 44390

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pinkpotatoes84     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi all,
this is kind of confusing for me to figure out and i was wondering if you could help. there is this guy i like and he is apparently gay, yet it seems as though he likes me too...we have been hanging out together for awhile and are always talking on facebook and we were avoiding each other for a few days- or so it seemed when his friends told him they found a guy for him and it was just a little awkward... a few of my friends thought- and i had to agree that he somehow found out that i like him and didn't know how to handle it and even though we have been hanging out for a few days like normal, it still seems as though there is something we both want to say to each other and no one is saying it.... here are some of the things he has been doing that make me think he likes me...

1.when we talk, it seems as though we are in our own little world...he may say hi to his friends, but we continue talking...

2. I have seen him staring at me and the last time he did, he was talking to his friends and it got dead quiet...

3. for about a week, he would come find me while I was practicing and we would sit there and just talk..it started off with him asking me what we did in class and then we started to talk about his class...

4. I added him to Facebook and he accepted immediately and sent me a message asking me to bring him in the cd for our book that one of his friends borrowed and we then spent the next hour hanging out together before class...

5. he has been singing around me in french and german..

6. we both want to do the same things- become music teachers and we both love family guy

7. in one of our conversations, he told me that he lives near me

8. when we are talking, he gets very relaxed when he is talking to me and he will start smiling and if there is a pause in the convo, it is like we both want say something else...

9 . when we were talking the other day and I mentioned I wasn't in choir like he was, he seemed bummed...

10. I haven't seen him around much this week except for tuesday, but when I do run into him, we end up staring at each other...

11. some of his friends have been more sociable and they often say hi to me or look at me and smile as they are walking by me...

12. when I gave him the cd, he jokingly said he loved me and that I was awesome.

13. when we were sitting in the hallway, he was sitting completely different than I was and then he started copying the way I was sitting
and he started smiling...

14. he asked me if i wanted to ltalk a little bit when he was playing his cello and then we talked a little bit and he was playing on the piano and would turn and look at me after...

15. we went for a walk to a cafeteria and it was just us and then one of his friends- ashley- came back with us...

16. he took me outside to show me a thong that was in the parking lot...

17. his friends have been more talkative-one of them in particular who i have 2 classes with

18. he asks me about what we did in class, even though he could ask one of his friends...well, i guess i am one of his friends, but i am still confused...

19. if i write him on facebook, he writes me back like right after...

20. he was joking around with me because he left his book on top of mine, with my stuff and he said he would blame me if it got stolen,.. he was totally kidding here...

i have caught him staring at me as he walks by me and we normally talk on facebook or when we are alone either while he is working on his cello, or we just sit in the hallway and talk before class...

this is confusing me as i said before and this is long, i know, but i am just wondering if i am reading too much into this or if he does indeed like me and if you could help me, this would be great!!

Posts: 1 | From: florida | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What I'm hearing here certainly demonstrates that this person likes you, and you like him, but what it doesn't do is speak to me of any romantic interest. In other words, all this stuff can just as much be the way we behave with a friend we really like.

But the thing is, no one has to just try and interpret these kinds of clues: we always can just ask about a person's feelings, and that's usually the best way to go about discovering what they are. If you DO really like him -- as a person -- and think he does you (which it sounds like), even just in the interests of your friendship, if it feels like there's an elephant in the room, it's usually best to bring it up and address it.

While being homosexual means a person is solely or primarily attracted to people of the same gender or sex, sometimes someone gay will still have feelings for someone of the opposite sex. However, if you've been told straightaway by someone they're gay, your best bet is to accept and respect that and recognize that chances are very good they are NOT going to want to pursue a romantic or sexual relationship with someone of the opposite sex.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.