Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » I still love him but he's moved on! :(

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I still love him but he's moved on! :(
gmcgirl13
Neophyte
Member # 43952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gmcgirl13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So me and my boyfriend went out for nine and half months and they were the best nine months of my life. We were so perfect for one another and we gave eachother so much care and love it practually make my friends so jealous with how perfect and cute we were together. Were we so close in the relationship that we felt so comfortable saying anythig on our minds. I thought everything was great but then then I started to c a pattern of him forgeting things such as anniversarys and only hung out caz he felt obligated to for my sake. Then he started to b an *** hole to me talking back and saying mean comments that would lower my self esteam. So I broke up with him. The next 2 weeks were really rough for me, I want through thoughts of regret and greef that struck me pretty hard. It got to the point where I couldn't do anything during the day, eat or sleep. I was his first girlfriend ever (he was too
nervice to ask any girl to be in a relationship) and i couldn't
belive why after doing somthing so amzing like this for him y he'd do this to me. Also I couldn't belive that it felt like just yesterday
every was go great and now it's all over and down the drain.Eventually I came to my sences to be able to funktion
again. I finally sat him down and talked to him after 3 weeks of hell. In a nice way I ask if there could be an" us" again and he flat out told me that he had moved on and that he didn't want a relationship since were both going into our 1st year of college. I was shocked by this and it hurt alot. And now when I c couples
holding hands and kiss, it makes me cringe and cry beacuse it's
hard to c others happy while I'm not! Can some please tell me how I can get through somthing as bad as this and what I can do to about all our memories together that keep running through my head making my cry? Thank you!

[ 09-02-2009, 01:48 AM: Message edited by: gmchick13 ]

Posts: 9 | From: Pa | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gmcgirl13
Neophyte
Member # 43952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gmcgirl13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going crazy now and I can't take being upset crying all the time!

[ 09-02-2009, 01:47 AM: Message edited by: gmchick13 ]

Posts: 9 | From: Pa | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hate to say it, but it will get better with time. Break-ups often hurt a lot, and there's often not a whole lot to be done about that.

For now, just try to focus on keeping yourself busy with friends and school. The busier you are, the easier it will be to not cry all the time. Do you have some hobbies where you could start a new project? Building and/or sewing always perks me up when I'm in a rough spot.

You can also think about the aspects of the relationship that were unhealthy, and realize that at some point, relationships just need to be let go. You ended the relationship for good reasons, so try to remember that.

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gmcgirl13
Neophyte
Member # 43952

I knw it takes time to heal but it sucks when only two weeks goes by and it felt like it was a month yet u knw it wasnt! Thats what kills me the most. Yeah i do sports so that seems to help once and awile too espeaclly to get emotions out! Plus ive been busy with school now that it started and a new book ive picked up so thats kind of helping a bit.It just drive me crazy though how he still is on my mind which i knw will happen and i cant do anything bout it to forget it. But i will try to do everything i cant to stay strong, rememebr what u told me and keep busy! Thanks! <3

[ 09-02-2009, 10:58 AM: Message edited by: gmchick13 ]

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.