Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » get him back?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: get him back?
KristyKay
Neophyte
Member # 42987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KristyKay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I'm wondering one of the age old questions: how to get my ex back

he broke up with me saying he didn't think he was mature enough for a girlfriend, and that he just didn't think of me "that way" anymore.

I know it's gonna take time and such, so I'm not going to talk to him for a few weeks, but what do I do after that? how do I initiate the conversation? he doesn't believe exes can be friends, but I told him I wanted to try, and he just said "try your best". so now we're not talking. and I really do care about him.
i want to be in a relationship with him again when we've both grown up a little, but i'll settle for being friends as long as he's in my life and he's happy. but I don't know if he'll want either of those. are there any secrets to getting a guy to like you again or try to contact you? I don't know, just need help. I've also been trying to improve my life. reading the Bible, hanging out with friends, working on my goals, etc. which has helped a little, but I still really, really want him in my life. Hahah, enough of my rambling.

Posts: 6 | From: My super comfy chair. | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HeyLife
Activist
Member # 43709

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HeyLife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds to me like he needs to sort out a few of his own issues, and also that he maybe honestly doesn't feel that way about you anymore. Stay close to him if you can and see if he'll come around, but don't be pushy and scare him off. Maybe you could ask him exactly why the relationship didn't work out?
Posts: 87 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.