Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » How do you know if you want to break up with someone?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How do you know if you want to break up with someone?
Alliee89
Neophyte
Member # 36769

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Alliee89         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been with my bf for over a year, longest I've ever been with someone. Well this year, he was busy finishing school, I graduated a bit before him(both in college) so we were only hanging out once every two weeks, then recently a whole month went by where we couldn't hang out(also, he lost his license, but should be getting it back soon, so that was also an issue), but ever since we met, we talk to each other every night, and still do.I finally saw him the other day, it was perfect, and I love spending time with him, I really love him. I just feel like, I'm not sure how things are now, am I going to see him next week or is he going to be busy? I'm afraid that since I hadn't seen him in so long, it's always going to be this way. I don't want to lose him, but I'm really confused on things. I even fell weird to ask him to hang out next week, like I feel like I'm being to needy. We used to hang out once a week, I don't know how things will go now. He's so sweet and I really love him, and even though we've never said it to each other, I'm sure he loves me. What should I do, do you think it's time to break it off?
Posts: 27 | From: music | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds like where you really need to start is with sitting down and really talking about this first. Even though sometimes it seems like the other person in a relationship should just know what we think and how we feel, people tend not to be great mind readers as a whole. So, the best was to deal with a problem one or both people are having in a relationship is to talk about them.

And know there's nothing wrong with asking to see someone more if you feel like you don't see them enough. It's likely since you haven't said anything, he really just doesn't know how you're feeling about it.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.