Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » She pisses me off soooo much...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: She pisses me off soooo much...
Keltin
Neophyte
Member # 42694

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keltin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me and my gf have been going out for around 7 months now,she is still madly in love with me,but im starting to lose interest in her.She's been smoking pot over the past 2 months,and it makes me soo angry because shes too smart to do it.Every time I try to tell her to stop she says it wont affect her in any way,and its just her way to relieve stress.There is absolutely no arguing with her,because she "has all the facts".I need a way to make her stop without threatening to break up with her,because she takes things way too seriously when it comes to our relationship.
Posts: 6 | From: Tennessee | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can't "make" her stop. You can only tell her you are concerned about her behavior as someone who cares about her and that what she's doing isn't OK with you. Any decision after that is her call.

YOU, however, have the power to say "I'm done". You can't be accountable for her behavior, but you can be for yours. If smoking marijuana is a deal breaker for you, and she's not willing to stop because it's important to you, than perhaps you DO need to consider leaving the relationship not as a manipulative move to get her to stop, but because this type of behavior is not okay with you.

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.