Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Crush..what to do

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Crush..what to do
tbelle
Activist
Member # 32076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tbelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So. I have a major crush on a guy in one of my classes. But the semester will be over soon and I won't see him ever again. But we will both be back next year at the same school. We've had to work together a few times and I think we get along pretty well. But, we really don't have a lot in common. I always feel like I am too smiley and nice when I'm talking to him--I wonder if he knows that I like him. For a while I thought he liked me back, but I am pretty certain that he doesn't since nothing ever happens.

I am just sad because I think I am pretty but whenever I like a guy they never like me back....it's kind of making me depressed. I mean if he's not attracted to me then I guess there is nothing I can do. But I always caught him making eye contact with me for no good reason in class and then he would look away. And he always smiles when he talks to me. But maybe he just thinks I'm nice? I don't want to make any moves because then I would come off as clingy and strange. Has anyone been through this?

Honestly, I am just really smitten by this guy. I don't even know why. I am very attracted to him. This is very rare for me....not that I'm super "picky" it's just that I don't meet a lot of guys/men that are my "type". So I suppose that's why this is really gnawing at me. It may seem kind of childish and silly....I know.

[ 12-04-2008, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: tbelle ]

Posts: 107 | From: New England | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thalover
Neophyte
Member # 41411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thalover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im not sure what type of guy he is but im pretty sure he won't think your clingy here just something i found that works just stare at him in class and if he stares back for 3 second and looks away you can mostlikly tell he likes you unless hes one of those gangsta guys that acts all bad and you can tell if you poke him in the stomach and he pokes you back but that only works for me or thats how i react when i like a girl and good luck with that
Posts: 2 | From: mass | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you tried a more direct approach and asked if he wants to have lunch with you or something along those lines. It's not at all clingy to ask someone on a date and that's far more likely to get you results than staring at him or poking him. (I do not advise poking people you don't know well.)
Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.