Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Confusion with love?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Confusion with love?
smokey
Activist
Member # 39760

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smokey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys... just thought I needed a bit of guidance. My boyfriend and I have been going out for close to 13 months... and we've been saying 'I love you' to each other since about 3 months in.

What I needed advice on is that recently he has started joking around and saying 'I love you sometimes'. He says that he does it just because it irritates me and he likes teasing me and getting me frustrated... although I can't help but feel like that's true? I have to point out that I can get pretty insecure about these things, so even if he didn't mean it it could potentially be my insecurities playing up. I mean when he sees that it upsets me he gets serious and just tells me that he loves me and that's that.

I'm not asking you all to read his mind, but just suggest what it could possibly mean.

Posts: 92 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StrangePudding
Activist
Member # 40765

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StrangePudding     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really do think he's joking around. I do that sort of thing sometimes with my boyfriend - I'll ask him how much he loves me, he'll say something like infinity, he'll ask me how much I love him, I'll say just a little. It's fun because both of us know that we're joking.

The problem with your situation, I think, is that your boyfriend knows that he's joking but you don't always feel certain that he's joking. If he insists that he's joking but you really still don't feel comfortable, I think you should ask him to stop kidding around.

Posts: 222 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smokey
Activist
Member # 39760

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smokey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for that rosalinespork... I just needed another opinion [Smile]
Posts: 92 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.